US Presidential Election 2024 - here comes Kamabla

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1822344031537426861?t=j75h6WUHDz8TvRnUl-kdmw&s=19

https://twitter.com/ProTruth4Life/status/1822409048450625676?t=6vxWZakc2kFIJXHA6n3LYw&s=19

Surely to God they can find someone decent to beat Trump? This wan is a cross between Emer Higgins and at least 10 SF TDs in terms of dizziness

Can you imagine a compilation of Trumps fuck ups?

With the exception of Obama I’d say it’s very easy to make a case that every president of my lifetime has been a bit thick

1 Like

Clinton was hardly thick. GW, you could definitely make a case. His father, you could dig out a few clips. Reagan? Hard to say he was thick either, a few gaffs, and plenty to disagree with, but hardly thick.

If your every utterance is recorded it’s very easy to put together a short compilation

1 Like

Clinton was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford. He was anything but thick.

6 Likes

Go ahead and make that case.

1 Like

I know Dowd is for the Dems and I don’t pay much attention to US politics because it’s all nonsense banana republic stuff that doesn’t really make any sense, but I think this is spot on on the current state of affairs.

I reckon Kamala will win handy enough, because even in America not enough of them are that stupid.

A panicked Trump has been attacking Kamala as dumb. Whatever else you want to say about Harris, she is not dumb. Navigating tricky terrain, she has had one of the smartest take-offs in political history. She looks comfortable and confident. He looks uncomfortable and rattled.

Rhode his way through life too

7 Likes

There’s a long way to go yet. Trump in absolute meltdown at the minute though.

Dems fighting him at his own game, just making fun of him basically. They haven’t bothered having policies or anything like that. No point when competing with Trump I suppose.

The astute political correspondent @Cheasty said the way to deal with these far right grifters is to relentlessly ridicule them. I see that’s now taking effect in Ireland too with folk responding to the likes of Pepper with memes of him dressed as an orange man & so on. Granted the US President job is lower profile than Dublin City Councillor but the point stands.

7 Likes

Like all narcissists Trump can’t handle being made game of at all

1 Like

I dunno. I’ve always thought anyone half decent would surely beat Trump. They’ve always had and still have a sizeable percentage or swathe of the country up for slavery/America first/fascism -any snapshot you take, civil war, wwII, currently - but I think it maxes out only around 40% most of the time.

Nikki Haley (maybe prophetically) predicted in the debates that the first party to drop their old guy will be the party that wins.

85 days left.

@rocko - Can we put this somewhere nice?

40% is a hell of a lot.

It is, huge, they’re bonkers. It’s a banana republic with a veneer of normalcy.

Winning elections isn’t about policies.

Not anymore anyway. And definitely not in the U S of A

American is so split on ideology it’s more than the person or their competency… The electoral system also has to be factored in.

It’s a basket case of a country from top to bottom m

1 Like