US Presidential Election Campaign 2012

Are you being deliberately stupid today Gola?

It very clearly gives the smaller states more of a voice. If it was a pure popular vote, they’d campaign in the big cities and nowhere else. States rights is a very important part of the mindset in a lot of America, especially the South. Even if it had no practical value, the symbolic value of each State voting individually would be very important to them.

Donald Trump was going to change the course of history today apparently.

Apparently, it could be something about the Obama’s having marriage problems 13 years ago and looking at divorce. If this is revealed by a man who has been married three times, it will surely result in a landslide for Mittens.

I’m sure Romney is overjoyed to have a man with a squirrel living on his head as a benefactor.

The Boston Globe are going to court tomorrow to try and get this testimony released.

Mitt Romney LIED under oath when he testified in the divorce of his good friend and screwed the friend’s wife out of a lot of money in the process … so claims the ex-wife of Staples’ founder TomStemberg.

Multiple sources connected with the divorce tell TMZ … during Tom’s uber nasty divorce case with ex-wife Maureen, Mitt Romney gave a deposition and testified during the trial that Staples was worth virtually nothing. Romney testified that the company was worth very little and Tom was a dreamer and “the dream continues.”

Romney characterized the Staples stock as “overvalued,” adding, “I didn’t place a great deal of credibility in the forecast of the company’s future.”

Partly as a result of Romney’s testimony, Maureen got relatively little in the divorce, but we’re told just weeks after the divorce ended, Romney and Tom went to Goldman Sachs and cashed in THEIR stock for a fortune. Short story – Romney allegedly lied to help his friend and screw the friend’s wife over.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/24/mitt-romney-tom-stemberg-staples-lied-perjury-divorce-case-maureen/#ixzz2AGO4ZzTc

Trump’s earth shattering announcement is that he is offering $5M to a charity of Obama’s choosing if Obama will release his college records and passport application records. So, we are back to the birther issue, lovely. What a tool. How about Romney release 10 years of tax returns and show how much Bain funded companies moved jobs to China.

Its great though, its damaging Mittens more than Obama. Trump really is the embodiment of the American dream, how someone as big a fuckwit as him can become a billionaire, you have to hand it to him. Though I know what I’d like to hand his daughter…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlvQW7tI4aE&feature

http://www.guardian…y-rape-platform

The latest Republican rape commentary comes from Romney-endorsed Indiana senatorial candidate Richard Mourdock, who tells us:
“I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

Sharron Angle, who ran for a US Senate seat out of Nevada, said she would tell a young girl wanting an abortion after being raped and impregnated by her father that “two wrongs don’t make a right” and that she should make a “lemon situation into lemonade”.

Todd Akin said victims of “legitimate rape” don’t get pregnant – an especially confusing talking point, if God is giving rape victims the gift of pregnancy. Maybe God only gives that gift to victims of illegitimate rape?

Wisconsin state representative Roger Rivard asserted:

“Some girls rape easy.”
Douglas Henry, a Tennessee state senator, told his colleagues:

“Rape, ladies and gentlemen, is not today what rape was. Rape, when I was learning these things, was the violation of a chaste woman, against her will, by some party not her spouse.”

Republican activist Phyllis Schlafly declared that marital rape doesn’t exist, because when you get married you sign up to be sexually available to your husband at all times. And when asked a few years back about what kind of rape victim should be allowed to have an abortion, South Dakota Republican Bill Napoli answered:

“A real-life description to me would be a rape victim, brutally raped, savaged. The girl was a virgin. She was religious. She planned on saving her virginity until she was married. She was brutalized and raped, sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it, and is impregnated. I mean, that girl could be so messed up, physically and psychologically, that carrying that child could very well threaten her life.”
Rape lemonade. Legitimate rape. The sodomized virgin exception. A rape gift from God.

Romney to win the popular vote but Obama to win the electoral college is 11/2. Was 12/1 mind. Still might be worth an investment even at the lower price as from looking at the polls that’s what I think will happen. I find it very difficult to see Obama lose the electoral college.

Every poll has him up in Ohio, Nevada and Iowa and Wisconsin. He’s also up in New Hampshire and a Washington Post Poll yesterday had him 4 up in Virginia.

For all the polls that have Romney up nationally by 1% or under, he’s making no inroads in the states he needs to win.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 575694”]Romney to win the popular vote but Obama to win the electoral college is 11/2. Was 12/1 mind. Still might be worth an investment even at the lower price as from looking at the polls that’s what I think will happen. I find it very difficult to see Obama lose the electoral college.

Every poll has him up in Ohio, Nevada and Iowa and Wisconsin. He’s also up in New Hampshire and a Washington Post Poll yesterday had him 4 up in Virginia.

For all the polls that have Romney up nationally by 1% or under, he’s making no inroads in the states he needs to win.[/quote]
It’s probably decent value alright, though I think Obama will also win popular vote.

This bit of wind and rain is doing Obama no end of good, republican governors praising him for his hands on approach. Many contrasting it to george the lessers work on Katrina.

Left wing bastard.

I’m now calling this race ALL OVER RED ROVER.

Too early, something is going to happen before Tuesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltCIEbLMaQg

I’d tend to agree. Too much has to go right for Romney and against all the evidence to really expect anything than an Obama win. I can’t see a big event shaking this up in any meaningful way before Tues.

Obama still available at 1.3 ish on some betting sites - I think it’s a good value bet.

I called this AORR a good year back sidney.
Latest NBC poll has President 49 47 up in Florida. Democrats can currently be gotten at 13/8 to win that state. Lump on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXhO_-e3bM