USA vs Iran War (Aka World War 3)

The same one the Yanks just took for themselves in 2003

US jets are reportedly “in the air” and leaving Turkey as stocks extend their decline, and oil futures continue to climb. Reports are claiming that shelling has stopped at Al Asad Air Base, and that roughly 35 rounds hit the base.

Iran has warned any country that allows the US to launch air strikes from their soil is a legitimate target

That’s literally almost every country around them.

Sipping a can of beer
Refreshing Twitter every ten seconds
Waiting for news of the end of the world
Every two minutes adding a follow
A Middle East expert, or so they say
They’ll be first with the news
I wonder if Trump dropped a nuke
Would I feel it beneath 5,000 miles of rock
Diagonally through the earth’s crust
At an angle like cutting the head off an egg
Before I died

Say if Trump wipes us all out tonight, I wonder if in 50 billion years’ time, when the earth has recovered and evolved to a position where it can once again sustain life, and then a further million years down the line from that when human life has once again evolved to a state where it has the INTERNET, would what we’re writing on this forum survive that long

Would the people 50 billion plus a million years from now be able to read what we’re writing now

Would they be able to understand it

Are we writing history right now, on the last night of the earth as we know it, for those future people

Or would they be able to unearth old INTERNET threads, but read the Twitter messages and Reddit threads and not knoww about this one due to the forum’s highly niche nature

And that way we’d miss out on being discovered by people 50 billion years plus one million years henceforth

It would be agonising to come so near and yet still end up so far from future discovery

I’m getting deja vu for 2003

An all-Ulster All-Ireland final would be one positive by-product of that

And Kilkenny back on top

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

It’s causing me to fondly reminisce about the first Gulf War in 1990/91. I was 9 back then and innocently believed the US were the goodies no matter what (similar to how @anon7035031 feels these days). I recall watching the coverage of the air strikes on the news with my family each night and what particularly frightened me was when the Iraqis would shoot down a plane, capture a US pilot alive and then parade the petrified and dishevelled hostage on TV. I had a few nightmares about that.

1 Like

The night the air war kicked off ‘91 i watched the live footage from CNN in Baghdad.

The Gulf War started on the night of a big Ye Olde Rumbelows Cup clash in January too

Are you Comical Ali?

OMG

I’ve just found out that the brave John Holliman, the CNN correspondent who as children we all feared was going to be kidnapped and killed by Saddam Hussein in 1991, was killed in a car crash in 1998

RIP

I remember Peter Arnett too

And Wikipedia tells me that CNN had a third correspondent in Baghdad at that time, his name was Bernard Shaw

He’s apparently recently moved to Phibsborough

OMFG

30 Yanks dead

And Iran are hitting the Yanks again

Fuck yeah!

Death to America!

1 Like

This gem

Always with the projection

Worst leader ever

Looking at those pictures I think US cable news networks have faked the whole thing for ratings

Looks like a few lads shining a laser light on a black sheet

High tech special effects how are ya

Trump will respond to this attack and it will escalate. America has sleepwalked into another middle eastern war.

I bet if somebody assassinated Iain Duncan Smith they’d get Universal Credit