Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Dipped mate, dipped. Not cleaned out.

And how many to friends and family?

Good stuff so far, hopefully they are ready to ramp it up when the supply comes

In some of the least surprising news ever.

We’ll all get it by September. Egghead has assured us

Come to me with solutions, no problems.

Its disappointing that the supply isn’t coming. Its out of the control of the goverment. I’ll be happy if they get the 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine into the care homes and front line workers, once that is down and we run out at least they did as much as they could.

Pressure should be put on getting the jnj vaccine approved to open that supply. Has AZ been approved? Or is it just a supply constraint now

6 Likes
1 Like

Jnj hasn’t finished it’s trial yet, nothing the EU can do on that until they actually apply for a licence.

AZ will be approved this coming Friday (after having the application for over 2 weeks)

1 Like

Jonathan Van Tam and Chris Witty are administering jabs when they are not doing the day job, is Holohan and Varadkar?

I’m very tempted here but I’ll be called homophobic for the rest of my TFK career

2 Likes

The EU were due to get 80m doses by the end of March from Oxford, now looks to be 31m.

I think Ireland is roughly 1% of the population of the EU so supply likely to be down from 800k to 300k until March. It will still be a significant addition to the supply though. As it’s probably another 30-40k doses a week until the end of March once approved.

AZ Oxford are a bit like those companies that go to tender with a price and conditions they know there’s not a hope they can beat but submit it anyway to get the contract.

In saying that, I would have more faith in the AZ Oxford than any of the others as it’s a not for profit one I believe.

1 Like

It’s a hobby mate

Yes, the az vaccine is a humanitarian mission. John Bull was right to get out of the eu

Im trying to be a better person

Acknowledging your fault was a wonderful first step.

1 Like

J&J might have some results this week.

Seems a bit clearer now why AZ didn’t put their application in earlier, the production is a mess.

Being realistic, assuming AZ, J&J, Pfizer and Moderna all have their Production ramped up from 1st April, how many doses could we expect to receive per week from April onwards?

Surely it’ll be close to 500k per week by then which could see this thing wrapped up fairly quickly by end of May/early June?

All hail jnj their creedo has delivered again. One shot no messing

It’ll be like the fella who was asked how he went bankrupt.

Slowly at first, and then all of a sudden