Versus Murexico

This game will mark the half way point of the season, we’re three points clear at the top. Murexico are in ninth position.

Looks like everyone is available with the exception of Farmer who is rated as 50/50. Selection headaches for the selectors.

We need to win this one, BT. They don’t have a good league record but their goal difference for 6-a-side is something ridiculous after 10 games. It’s goals for 13, goals against 22 or something so they’re either:

• Inept going forward and very good defensively / have a great 'keeper; or
  • They camp out in their own half every game with cattenaccio tactics.

It’ll be difficult enough, I reckon, and we need to win it to protect our lead ahead of clashes against fellow title challengers in the coming weeks. We’ll need to move them around a bit and get people running off cesc4 and vary our game at times without leaving ourselves open to the counter.

Won 5-1 (2-1 HT).

Goals:
cesc4
Rocko
cesc4
cesc4
cesc4

cesc4’s three second half goals were absolute crackers - long range top corner, individual effort finished with the outside of the foot and a third rifled in across the keeper from a tight angle.

5 points clear on top at the half way stage. I think our main danger lies 6 points behind us.

Is it White Russians who are 6 behind Bandage?

Some good goals last night, particularly the second half hat trick from Cesc4. My off the ball running was instrumental in creating space for two of them but I’m happy to share the credit with him because I suppose he’s the one who did end up finishing off the moves.