Versus Pioneer 14th Jan 7:00pm

Juhniallio and Tinnion both make their long awaited returns to Astro League action tonight. After a dreadful run of results it’s a welcome boost for the squad but the continued absence of Rocko is surely an obstacle too far for this side at the moment.

Goal shy striker Jugs is also not available, citing a foot injury, though he was spotted by team management bounding along the quays this morning at 8:54 am with an umbrella in hand and to be honest he looked far from injured.

Typcial Jugs. Neelo has been struck down by a late knock but might be utilised from the bench

I’m off for the pre-match meeting and meal now. I’m not promising anything other than a victory.

Forza freekick.

The umbrela was required for balance as i didn’t want to show the public any weakness by carrying a crutch

We fooking lost again. 2-1 this time. It was a good and enjoyable game and all that but it’s some fooking annoying.

We gave away a goal right at the start when we were sorting our formation out and left a lad to break through the middle unopposed from the half-way line to slot home.

In fairness our response was excellent and we then played very well for the rest of the first half by keeping the ball on the ground and giving the man in possession plenty of options. They were defending in depth and we had them properly pinned back for long spells with them only making the odd foray forward.

They then countered near the end of the first half and I made one of the greatest saves of all time from a rasping and raking low drive that was headed into the inside side netting until my miraculous intervention to divert it beyond the post. It was one for the ages and a save their players commented on at the end of the game but obviously I stood up at the time and shrugged it off as run of the mill because I was trying to be like The Holy Goalie. Check out You Tube and you’ll probably find it under ‘Bandage Absolutely Unbelievable Save Yet Again’ or something.

Anyway, we broke from the resultant corner and The Green Hen scored a smashing goal after great work by Fats. A 2-goal turn aorund if ever I saw one and we went into the interval with a lot of momentum.

The second half was quite exciting too and it was end-to-end stuff from start to finish. Pioneer, being an Italian company, had a few tricky little natives in their side with fairly slick skills and we had to be at our best to keep them out. I made a few saves and we missed a couple of chances at the far end. Our final ball was lacking at times and we didn’t take advantage of decent positions. We also should have worked their 'keeper more instead of trying to walk the ball in but we were well in the game.

But then with about 10 minutes to go we conceded a goal from a corner. A run to the near post and some fook volleyed it into the far corner. I was fairly fooking raging seeing as we had everyone back picking lads up yet still ended up conceding.

We pressed and pressed for the last 10 minutes and had blocked shots, scrambles and all sorts of near misses but it all proved fruitless in the end.

The dressing room was disconsolate afterwards. Where do we go from here?

Heartbreaking stuff. The sooner I’m back the sooner we can stop the rot hopefully. Seems like Bandage had a good game from that description, who else played well?

Did Juhniallio play?

[quote=“therock67”]Heartbreaking stuff. The sooner I’m back the sooner we can stop the rot hopefully. Seems like Bandage had a good game from that description, who else played well?

Did Juhniallio play?[/quote]

Juhniallio couldn’t make it in the end. In fairness everyone put in a very good effort. Could have, should have yet again. It’s the worst losing streak of my amateur football career but persevere we must. The biggest mistake was probably letting Tinnion wear the armband tonight. I had it on but it was annoying my arm in the warm up so I chucked it over to Tinnion. Possibly the difference between winning and losing in the end.

The armband is actually on the floor in my bedroom. As is Rock’s season ticket. How many other lies do you tell on this forum?

You fool.

Rocko and I purchased an armband each in the Celtic Shop up in Celtic Park on the afternoon of the home tie against Shakhtar Donetsk as we had to go up to the ground with larryduff to collect his ticket. Knowing there would be occasions when one or the other of us would be unavailable, like Rocko last night, it was deemed necessary to buy a second spare armband, the one I brought with me and worn by Tinnion in the end.

I await a full and frank apology.

[quote=“Bandage”]You fool.

Rocko and I purchased an armband each in the Celtic Shop up in Celtic Park on the afternoon of the home tie against Shakhtar Donetsk as we had to go up to the ground with larryduff to collect his ticket. Knowing there would be occasions when one or the other of us would be unavailable, like Rocko last night, it was deemed necessary to buy a second spare armband, the one I brought with me and worn by Tinnion in the end.

I await a full and frank apology.[/quote]

Here’s an example of a lie:

1. The time you said you didn’t go on a date.