VHS to DVD or hard drive

What’s the easiest way of doing this? I’ve seen places offer to do it for €20-30 a tape but would rather do it myself.

I have 7 or 8 tapes from 1996 covering Wexford’s march to All-Ireland glory and I’d like to preserve them.

i know @croppy_boy had a doo-hickie for same.

Do you have a vcr?

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 938827, member: 6”]What’s the easiest way of doing this? I’ve seen places offer to do it for €20-30 a tape but would rather do it myself.

I have 7 or 8 tapes from 1996 covering Wexford’s march to All-Ireland glory and I’d like to preserve them.[/QUOTE]

I’ll take a copy. I gave my 1996 videos to @Dex for a lend in c.2001 and never saw them again.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 938827, member: 6”]What’s the easiest way of doing this? I’ve seen places offer to do it for €20-30 a tape but would rather do it myself.

I have 7 or 8 tapes from 1996 covering Wexford’s march to All-Ireland glory and I’d like to preserve them.[/QUOTE]
I’ve been looking into doing something like this for a while as I have loads of tapes of old sporting events.

I’ll probably get a new version of the “Pinnacle Dazzle” VHS to DVD/PC transfer device, as it seems to get reasonably good reviews and I have a lot of tapes. New ones were available for about €70 last time I looked.

I wouldn’t get a cheap device if you want to do it properly. I got a yoke from Ebay last year for about €15, it was crap and I threw it out. I haven’t got around to getting something new, yet.

Don’t think so - I just priced them on Amazon. Expensive enough. Have you got one I can borrow?

well this hardly helps but I unearthed a number of vcrs last weekend…

Im sure there are places where the tapes can be dropped into and this service will be performed.

For the best results you probably need one of those VHS DVD combos like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001T6K7G6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398873626&sr=1-1&pi=SY200_QL40

I got a very good one for €40 on Adverts.ie last summer.

Nope. If you had one I could do the rest with some cabling and tv cards I have. Looks like you’ll need to collect one from @count of monte cristo next time he’s in Dublin.