Vol. Kevin Barry

94 years dead, never forgotten. R.I.P. one of Ireland’s greatest.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Stupid boy

:eek:

All around the little bakery, we fought them hand to hand.

Ya fucking hell for a young fella to die for what he believed in. Fool

I was actually at his re-internment to Glasnevin in the halycon Tiger days. Part of a political “excursion-bus” day from the West, commissioned by the
Party Faithful. Such was the ribaldry and bollocksology, we nearly missed the event. It was a fine and moving occasion, dealt with pathos, celebration and repatrionisation. There were about 2k. attendees, lead by the great Bertie…

Memories eh!

Fisticuffs ensued in the Hideout (west of Mullingar) on the return voyage…:pint:

Great fucking days out, with lads of spirited minds, reverence, sense of occasion, respect and a perception of issues of national importance.

The Blueshirts wouldn’t light candles after us, nor would the Shinners…

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1038671, member: 246”]I was actually at his re-internment to Glasnevin in the halycon Tiger days. Part of a political “excursion-bus” day from the West, commissioned by the
Party Faithful. Such was the ribaldry and bollocksology, we nearly missed the event. It was a fine and moving occasion, dealt with pathos, celebration and repatrionisation. There were about 2k. attendees, lead by the great Bertie…

Memories eh!

Fisticuffs ensued in the Hideout (west of Mullingar) on the return voyage…:pint:

Great fucking days out, with lads of spirited minds, reverence, sense of occasion, respect and a perception of issues of national importance.

The Blueshirts wouldn’t light candles after us, nor would the Shinners…[/QUOTE]

Dungeon, please christ, dungeon.

I’m named after him, full name.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1038671, member: 246”]I was actually at his re-internment to Glasnevin in the halycon Tiger days. Part of a political “excursion-bus” day from the West, commissioned by the

Memories eh!

The Blueshirts wouldn’t light candles after us, nor would the Shinners…[/QUOTE]hon Fianna Fail

Kevin barry God?

Who told you that?

I’m Kevin Finbarr …

Lads like Barry will save Ireland

Rest In Peace young hero.

Mountjoy 96 years ago today.

4 Likes

I don’t believe that is the Belvedere crest.

My history teacher in school was from Hacketstown and a nephew of Kevin Barry.

1 Like

Paul Robeson singing Kevin Barry

1 Like

R.I.P. Kevin Barry

Martyred for Ireland 101 years ago.

5 Likes