Voting machines - the end game

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0423/breaking37.htm

The real gem here is how they negotiated 20-30 storage contracts for these machines, machines that were never likely to be used, now the tax payer has to pay penalties to the Fianna Fail supporters who store them.

I fail to see how a task force is required to get rid of these beasts, surely a high mack and a whole in the ground is all that’s needed, I suppose Gormley wants to do it green. Maybe you could make an artificial coral reef out of them you wally.

Absolutely disgusting carry-on from start to finish. How we could do with the 50 million in the coffers now. I remember at the time that felon going on about the “peann louis”. Hang your head in shame, Ahern.

Dump em in Wickla with the rest of the garbage.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0423/breaking37.htm

The real gem here is how they negotiated 20-30 storage contracts for these machines, machines that were never likely to be used, now the tax payer has to pay penalties to the Fianna Fail supporters who store them.

I fail to see how a task force is required to get rid of these beasts, surely a high mack and a whole in the ground is all that’s needed, I suppose Gormley wants to do it green. Maybe you could make an artificial coral reef out of them you wally.

Absolutely disgusting carry-on from start to finish. How we could do with the 50 million in the coffers now. I remember at the time that felon going on about the “peann louis”. Hang your head in shame, Ahern.[/QUOTE]

I know dozens of Women here in Kilkenny and im sure everyplace who will celebrate the final demise of these yokes long into the night o the burial,theres right money made out of Counting,watching,sorting,licking your thumb etc.

Wasn’t the storage place owned by a FF person?

Gas. Gormley has been against these machines since they were first rolled out but it apparently took him the bones of two years to get Government approval to get rid of them.

So he announces they’re gonna be gone and you’d think he would have used the two years to come up with a plan as to how they’re gonna be disposed. But no, a fooking Task Force is going to work on this and report back.

Mary White said earlier that they’ll look to get as much as the tax payers’ money back as possible and Matt Cooper pushed her as to how and she said they could be used by transition year students to learn about voting and elections. :rolleyes:

You can be sure you’ll have to pay a right few quid to get rid of these beasts. A monument to the empty-headed nonsense and vanity projects Fianna Fail enjoyed when they had money to throw around, funnily enough I never heard anyone who wanted them. The time they used them it took all the drama out of the election. It was simply a case of “right you didn’t get elected, go home”

Yeah, imagine no RDS etc, just wouldn’t be the same.

Chuck them in the Liffey.

That is the recommedation of my task force.

Well William O’ Briens in Cork are in the storage business, the older Willie was a good buddy of the bould Charlie. I don’t know if they store any of them, but it wouldn’t be a bad guess to find the ones kept in Cork anyway.

It was Nora Owen who was absolutely shellshocked when she lost her seat. No tallymen to see the votes being counted and no hours of speculation in the count centre with everyone judging whose pile of votes meant they looked safe/in danger etc. The returning officer simply walked in and said, ‘A, B, C and D have been elected.’ He didn’t even read it out count by count to allow the likes of Owen to compose herself. She didn’t realise she was in trouble and was in bits afterwards.

Actually in hindsight of the Nora Owen breakdown, I’ll miss those machines. :rolleyes:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Chuck them in the Liffey.

That is the recommedation of my task force.[/QUOTE]

They can join that Millenium Countdown clock thing so.

http://gallery.adnet.ie/userimgs/940357051.9787301.phpfi19541aaa.jpg

Did that thing ever actually work right, Rocko? Looks like someone basically sunk a clock you’d see at a running track or something.

[quote=“Bandage”]

Mary White said earlier that they’ll look to get as much as the tax payers’ money back as possible and Matt Cooper pushed her as to how and she said they could be used by transition year students to learn about voting and elections. :D[/QUOTE]

Mary White:mad::D,its to the eternal and everlasting shame of the Carlow/Kilkenny electorate that this wagon represents us at a national level,its those tools over in Carlow i blame,surely no sane minded Kilkenny person voted for this yoke,im considering taking a couple of Weeks off work and going on a door to door anti canvas against her for the next election.

Can you imagine it, they dump an old voting machine into a school and stick it in the library and people are supposed to go “oooh” and “aaah” at the wonder of it. You really couldn’t make it up except this eejit just has.