Vuelta Espana 2013

People have been pilled for less on here.

Less of the drug references please.

+1. People have been abused far more for far less.

Another great day for the IRISH

Martin finishes 5th 3" behind winner Chris Horner and Roche finishes in 9th at 6"

The grand tours really love these “flat” stages with spiky uphill finishes. Great entertainment.

Should the thread title not read Vuelta a España?

Tony Martin has put in the most sensational ride today. Out in a break on his own all day and held a lead of just 18 seconds with 20km to go. The sprinters team chased and chased and somehow Martin unbelievably maintained a gap fluctuating between 6 and 18 seconds. Heartbreakingly he was caught and passed a mere 10 metres from the line. It was simply sensational that he kept the peloton at bay so long.

It seems Dan Martin has had to pull out of the Vuelta after a heavy crash yesterday…

@DanMartin86: Sad to leave the vuelta but can’t race with these birds flying round my head. I hit a hole or rock in the road. Down I went #shithappens

Another great ride by Roche finishing 3rd only a handful of seconds down. Massive 13km climb but Roche is very well placed after that.

Roche now leads the Vuelta by 17 seconds from Horner & Moreno, with Nibali a further second back.

He also leads the King of the Mountains and the All-Round and is second in the points classification.

He is in the form of his life.

Erm…

Delighted to see Nico going so well. Hon the Irish!!!

Nico has improved beyond all recognition since joining a team full of drugs cheats managed by a drugs cheat. He must be training really hard.

He will surely make a balls of a time trial yet.

Disgusting to see the likes of @Scrunchie cheerleading for him on Twitter.

Great performance by Roche so far, well deserved red jersey . The sceptics and begrudgers would sicken you at times.

Watching him yesterday he looks the same as last year. Head wagging and looks like he is about to blow at any time. He just followed the wheels yesterday.

Roche failed to hold onto the red jersey. He finished 4th on the stage 8 seconds behind Daniel Moreno who now leads Roche by 1 second overall.

Vicious last km today. Did well to finish 4th

Its because he reeks of suspicion mate, but then again you were the fella talking up Lance, so you’d know a drug taker when you see one.