Vuelta Espana 2013

Roche finished today’s TT in 6th place @ 1’48" behind Cancellara.

Nibali was 4th and takes over the red jersey with Roche in 2nd overall by 33" with Valverde & 42Year-Old Horner @ 46".

Its a little disconcerting how well Roche did but then again there’s a glut of riders finishing around the 2 minute mark. I think Pozzovivo’s performance was the most surprising today. So much so, the organisers said his time was under review at first spot check.

Nico in the form of his life. Having Tour winner Barney Riis in the team car today must have made all the difference.

Roche being distanced here on the last climb in a horrible stage. Valverde dropped earlier too. Basso(hypothermia) & Luis-Leon Sanchez (crash) retire.

42 year-old Horner flying up the mountain though.

Nibali finishes 2nd 3’53" behind breakaway winner Ratto.

Horner, disgustingly, finishes 2" behind Nibali.

Over 3 minutes later and no sign of Roche who was last seen at the foot of the mountain desperately searching for food - Kelly mentioning his hands may be too cold to get it.

Roche 20th at 7’22" - 3’29" behind Nibali.

TOP TEN
Nibali
Horner @ 50"
Valverde @ 1’42"
Rodriguez @ 2’57"
Pozzovivo @ 3’43"
Roche @ 4’06"
Pinot @ 4’34"
Konig @ 5’42"
Moreno @ 6’28"
Kangert @ 6’45"

Could have been worse for Nico.

Roche has attacked the lead group. Going solo 30km out. He has been allowed build up a 15" lead.

It’s a shit or bust move but you have to admire him for giving it a go.

Roche third. Picked up 17 seconds.

The Nico knockers have been very quiet in here in the last week. Surprising that Mr. 60% doesn’t know how to get his Danish paws on whatever Horner is taking, but there you go.

Interesting end to today’s stage. Nibali cracked in last 2km and lost various amounts of time to those behind him.

It’s refreshing to see a tour where everyone in the top 10 has had a bad day (except 42 year-old Horner)

Nico has had a great race. Hope this gives him the confidence to be with the top guys.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 829062, member: 1408”]

It’s refreshing to see a tour where everyone in the top 10 has had a bad day (except 42 year-old Horner)[/quote]

Horner is some man alright.

Rest day today.

This will give Horner a chance to replenish his reserves.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 829403, member: 1408”]Rest day today.

This will give Horner a chance to replenish his reserves.[/quote]
The motorbike is probably leaving the hotel as we speak.

Nico up to 5th, Pozzitivo and Pinot lost time today.

Will Roche try something here, Saxo really piling it on.

The whole thing is a joke with Horner and his extraterrestrial performances tbh. Roche must be sickened, though his family can have no great cause for complaint.

Horner in the leaders jersey is just wrong. Surely to god they can catch this fella?

Interesting comment in Nico’s column about the other guys having an extra gear that he just doesn’t have, or words to that effect.

The Horner thing is actually laugh out loud funny. Can’t wait to see him on the Angliru today.

Horner is some man alright. I can’t see him been beaten to be honset, Nibali won’t be able to do it anyway. Valverde and Rodriguez are too far back, I’d love to see one of them go for it at the foot of Angliru. Who’s the money on today for the win. I think the smart money would be on Valverde or Purito. I think Anton at 25/1 is a good bet. He should like the climb, and he finished 2nd to Cobo(enough said) on this in 2011. Mollema is my outside pick at 80/1.