Walkers Leprechaun - Walking Contradiction

Occasional keyboard player in the band ‘Keane’.

Dunphy calls Keane a ‘pain in the arse’. Kettle readies itself for pot insult

today at 7:40 am

Once his most ardent supporter, Eamon Dunphy has gone full circle in his relationship with Roy Keane, saying that he has “been a pain in the arse for a long time”.
Back when Keane was busy dividing a nation over the Saipan fiasco, Dunphy couldn’t have launched a more staunch defence of the former Irish captain, so much so in fact that his relationship with good buddy John Giles turned frosty for a significant period of time.
Ten years on, Dunphy now feels that Keane, who has been making his name as a pundit with ITV in recent times and hasn’t lost his ability to come out with a controversial comment or two, is becoming annoying and tiresome to listen to.
“He should (focus on his own career),” Dunphy is quoted as saying in the Irish Mirror.
“He is becoming a pain in the arse. He has been a pain in the arse for a long time.
“I never thought I would say that Roy Keane is a bore but he is – and you can quote me on that. I think he doesn’t have the track record as a manager to justify giving him the (Irish) job.
“I think he is a million miles away from where you would be looking if something happened to Trapattoni tomorrow. You would not be looking at Roy Keane on the basis of his CV.”
Keano was in town recently as part of a charity gig for Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind and as usual, he had a few things to get off his chest, including a snipe at Dunphy for some of the things included in Keane’s autobiography, which Dunphy helped write on the Corkman’s behalf.
Royston was critical of Dunphy over the infamous quote about Alfe Inge Haaland that landed him in hot water with the authorities, but Dunphy said that his conscience was clear.
“I said at the time that there was artistic license in that quote as it was presented in the book,” Dunphy said.
“In other words I was looking at the tackle knowing his state of mind in that he was looking for this guy because they had history. I attributed that quote to him. Did he clear it? He did.
“So what is he on about it? If he read it and it was an accurate description of his state of mind when he made the tackle, which I believe it was, then what has he got to complain about?”
Seems like Keano can’t really complain about that one, but when Eamon Dunphy calls you a ‘pain in the arse’, you know it’s time to buck up your act.

Roy Keane is a legend and the greatest Irish soccerball player of all time.

That’s Robbie mate, Roy is the guy who Gary Breen’s mate kicked the shit out of.

And it only took him ten years longer than everyone else to realise it.

What sort of cunt writes an article using the term keano repeatedly? Where is that shit from?

Roy Keane has let himself down badly tonight on the BBC. Gone way down in my estimation.

He’s two ends of a cunt. We were beaten by the world champions. He said something along the lines of “let’s not go along for the singsong every now and then”. He also said Irish players had too high an opinion about themselves. Bullshit.

What did the cunt say now

Ah Keane is just tiresome at this stage.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/euro/update/2012-06-14/keane-ireland-never-turned-up/

In fairness you can see where he’s coming from as he’s backed it up with the way he palyed…not the most talented but he never lied
down to nobody…rememeber the far superior dutch and portugese teams came to lansdowne and in fairness he totally dictated the tempo of those games…so you can see how Irelands lie down tactics would really stick in his craw…

can’t see anything wrong with this. Spot on analysis from the man. He was right about Given too btw.

This ‘lied down’ stuff is ridiculous. We brought on a lad who doesn’t even have a club for fucks’ sake. They gave it a shot, they came up short. That’s what happened. Total amateur psychology bullshit from the likes of Keane. It had nothing to do with mentality, it had to do with pure technical ability and we were outclassed. End of story.

+1

i don’t know…like i said keane didn’t have superb technical ability in fairness yet he was pig headed enough to dictate the tempo of many a game…so i can understand where he’s coming from…as player he wouldn’t really understand having that inferiority complex to more techically gifted players like ireland seem to accept …

Keane was massively overrated, an egotistic bully who picked soft targets and by and large got outclassed by superior players. Just because he was a renowned player in a mediocre league means nothing. An unadulterated idiot. By the end of his playing career everyone had discovered what a cardboard hard man he was.

In my opinion, the notion that this Irish squad could have lived with Spain in any circumstances is deluded. We might have willfully deluded ourselves beforehand by allowing ourselves to think there was a chance it might happen, but once the game started it was pretty obvious just how massive a delusion that was.

If Keane wants to believe that Ireland could have somehow handled Spain better than he should have a pretty hard and fast case to back it up, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence as they say. Jesus, Spain started with four of the best midfielders on the planet. Where would our lads rank? It’s possibly the weakest squad we’ve had in recent memory, you have to adjust your expectations accordingly.

Keane is a man who’s been convinced by grovelling journalists that being a total and utter cunt is actually a virtue.

Utter Bullshit. For all the talk about how well prepared the team were, we still conceded some of the sloppiest soft goals imaginable. Granted, technically we were never going to match the likes of Spain, but we didn’t even perform to within 50% of our capabilities. We just mentally were not up to speed entering these championships.