Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Heā€™s left already.

what is Fanningā€™s history as a manager, assistant manager, selector etc?

He was a selector with Davy, when Davy was in Waterford and has been involved in his Wexford set up last two years. He was a selector under Jim Greene when Mount Sion were last winning counties in the early noughties. He possibly might even have been in charge last time Mount Sion won a county in 2006. Playing career cut short early by serious injury.

Grandson of Pat Fanning, GAA President who oversaw abolition of the Ban. His father Phil Fanning one of the main local GAA journalists with the Waterford News & Star.

@Fagan_ODowd is it true another fella had been offered the job but after being interviewed by a few of the players he told them to go and fuck themselves?

Read back

You wouldnā€™t get that kind of craic in Limerick.

Pat Fanning DLS was centre back on the 92 team and finished up early due to injury
Pauric/Patsy Fanning played a few league games in the mid 90ā€™s maybe made a cship panel for a year or two and hurled for sion into early 00ā€™s

1 Like

Folks

Was in Tramore recent . A good big town but never produced a county hurler in my time .

Any reasons ?

It wasnā€™t obvious? You must have passed through it awful fast

Biggest town outside of the city - never a hurler came out of the place, the only thing close to hurling in Tramore is Flanagan hurleys

I would suspect it never ever produced a County hurler. The GAA club was largely football focussed in my time and they won senior football championships in the 60s, 70s and 80s. I doubt if they have ever hurled senior and they certainly havenā€™t in the last 50 years.

Of course itā€™s now really only a commuter town where out of towners who work in the hospital and the IT settle, people who find the city too edgy. Softcocks from places like Cork who wouldnā€™t be able for Hurling.

Fenor which is about three miles past Tramore on the coast is a junior club that has always been a hot bed of hurling.

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

But they can mind their own dogs down there unlike the soft cunts in Dunmore.

Thatā€™s a bit ruff.

Forum is on edge tonight.

Yeah ? If you donā€™t like it go ahead and report me.
Maybe the mods can drop me back to where I came from*.
Like you did with the poor dog.

• yeah go ahead lads.
    A mud hut
    Your maā€™s bed
    Etc etc ā€¦ same old tripe from the same old predictably boring gowls.

Fenor joined forces with Kill a few years back and are a middling intermediate team, they go by Kill in football

Your sisters?

Jesus brimmer ;

Limerick winning the all Ireland has turned you in to a most angry man . I pity the corner forward in your team who hits a bad wide or some worker who needs good counsel from a shop steward . It was only a game of hurling , we donā€™t win too many and we celebrated a bit . Life is a little short to let if affect life in general .

Iā€™ll burst the cunt of a corner forward if he misses a handy one, heā€™s there to score after all.
All of my members are privileged cunts that use the union as a tool to bully and intimidate other staff or management.
Yeah ye scraped an asterisk AI, through the back door. Who really cares?
Not EVERY thing in the universe revolves around a B level fluke team.