Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Heā€™s involved as a selector

They have no tradition

1 Like

They need scrapbooks fast

Tough loss for Ballysaggert tonight. With 2 teams relegated itā€™s hard to see them staying up. Some effort from the Bennettā€™s.

Maybe pat should have spent more time coaching at home rather than on contract for Davy Fitz

Thatā€™s a tad harsh. His DNA has made that club come as far as it did. If it was the 70s/80s theyā€™d have enough brothers to win a county.

I have zero respect for those who suckle Upton Davyā€™s teat. He made his bed, who trained the bridge when Davy was hiding after the covid cases incident earlier in the year despite DF living a short walk out the road from the gaa pitch in sixmilebridge?

Look I would be a fan of Davy but I wouldnā€™t link it to Ballysaggerts loss tonight .

I am not being serious and retract all comments about a certain Clare based manager who like to eat in the Texas stakeout who likes to park his sponsored car across the road. ( Iā€™m not sure who sponsors him currently)

Supermacs.

The have little excuses. They donā€™t work for one another on the pitch. They donā€™t look like a team at all. Mount Sion have Austin and he stands out for them, and they all respond to him. Sion are better than the sum of their parts.
For all DLS have they donā€™t get them playing. Is it 6 county panelistā€™s they have and none of them stand out from the other lads on the team.
I heard they were going well but having seen them in the flesh tonight I am not sure how you would come to that conclusion.
Too many voices on the sideline. Joint managers and Derek in as an advisor.

Did Derek can carry out his advisor role like the Laois minors at water breaks? @myboyblue

Heā€™s advising Ballycastle as well

Not sure what youā€™re trying to say here?

Any Laois parent or player who had dealings with Derek could not speak highly enough of him. Heā€™s a very decent man.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard he is 100%.

Just heard an interesting anecdote about when Laois lost to Kildare in the minor this year. Derek positioned himself at the opposite side of the field to the mgmt team. At the water break all the players went over to him and his whiteboard. The rest of the mgmt team stayed at the other side of the field. I thought it a bit odd.

Is Derek still advising Faythe Harriers as well? I see they were beaten in the Wexford quarter final yesterday.

De la Salle have 6 county players? Youd imagine theyd be beating Mount Sion?

Sounds a bit off alright .Declan has been reappointed as Minor Manager so he canā€™t be that much of a dead duck that he sounds in that.

1 Like

One of those is a keeper whilst the majority of those are subs. MT Sion have Ozzie and a few others like Midget Roche who are good club players.

6 on the panel.

Shaun Oā€™Brien is the keeper. Shane McNulty and Jack Fagan start for Waterford. Kevin Moran. Jake Dillion are mainly on the bench these days and Thomas Douglas is on the panel too. They have a few more decent players so they should be well able to give a better account of themselves than their two outings this year.