Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Disagree on the forwards. If ye had them theyā€™d be scoring the pot shots. Other teams do.

BTW Fraher Field is terrible, an awful kip, and on a day with any wind thereā€™s an awful swirl, if I could Iā€™d bull doze the fucking place - not that Walsh Park is much better mind but it is better

Fair enough

He is, I really wanted to see him, Dan and this bunch of players win on Sunday. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been shouting for a ā€œneutralā€ as much as I was for Waterford.

If I was to pick anyone to succeed Cody right now it would be McGrath. He is very knowledgeable, has a wonderful passion for the game and his players seem to have massive respect for him. He has that ability to get the very best out of each and every one of them

3 Likes

I donā€™t see a McGrath having the same effect in a county thatā€™s not his own however.

He wouldnā€™t get the same leeway

Possibly, heā€™s emotionally invested in Waterford, may not be the same for another county. He does have the knowledge and passion to back up his credentials though

Iā€™d say heā€™s close to burnout at this stage. Most likely why he was chucking it in at the end of the year.

could they not build a new stadium on the north side of the river and ground share with kilkenny?

You forgot about limerick.

I did.

And i still cannot remember them

2 Likes

Phil Fanning in catty enough form in the News and Star this week.

Have you a link Geoff?

Roanmore 2-16 Lismore 1-17
Passage 1-13 Fourmile 1-9
MountSion 3-18 Portlaw 0-11
Ballygunner 1-28 Abbeyside 0-12
DLS playing Tallow at the moment
Dungarvan must be playing Ballyduff tonight.

Are Ballygunner expected to walk it?

Fourmilewater done for the year?

No still in it.

1 Like

Yes. Tallow draw with dls

Ballygunner will walk it and buckle then in the Munster Club. They have a serious set up and pick and have completely under achieved.

Quarter Finals to be played next week -
Ballygunner v Mount Sion
Lismore v Abbeyside
De La Salle v Fourmilewater
Passage v Dungarvan

2 Likes