Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 784943, member: 553”]Something absolutely scurrilous happened in Waterford over the weekend in the passage abbey side game re rigged gambling.

I’ll give O’Dowd until COB today to come up with some sort of official/fudged Waterford explanation before I blow the lid on this[/quote]
:eek:

if TASE was still here he’d be all over this

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 784943, member: 553”]Something absolutely scurrilous happened in Waterford over the weekend in the passage abbey side game re rigged gambling.

I’ll give O’Dowd until COB today to come up with some sort of official/fudged Waterford explanation before I blow the lid on this[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]I think I might know what this is about, heard a few rumours flying about Sunday evening. Have nothing concrete so can’t confirm or refute. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]However you have the teams involved wrong. To avoid any erroneous besmirching of the good name of Abbeyside I think we should clarify the game in question was Passage v Roanmore. [/FONT]

yes, I will correct. Fagan, you have 5 hours remaining

Spit it out there KC. What have you heard.

The result of the game doesn’t sound crazy. What gives KC?
Roanmore 3-9 vs 3-13 Passage

Fagan, i’ll give you another 90mins. Don’t be acting the innocent on here

This is the first I heard of it - you talking in riddles. If you have something to say, say it. If not then shut up.

there was a huge gamble on the first goal scorer (identity) by roanmore players, a well known ex county player from passage got it. Are you still in touch with anybody in Waterford hurling circles at all?
This is the talk of the Clare hurling intelligentsia now for near 2 days

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 785016, member: 553”]there was a huge gamble on the first goal scorer (identity) by roanmore players, a well known ex county player from passage got it. Are you still in touch with anybody in Waterford hurling circles at all?
This is the talk of the Clare hurling intelligentsia now for near 2 days[/quote]
Is that it?

FFS :rolleyes:

bookies are refusing to pay. the roanmore defense parted like the red sea when he got the ball

Another thieving bookie, surprise surprise.

Sounds like the kind of entrepreneurial spirit the South East needs

:confused:

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 785016, member: 553”]there was a huge gamble on the first goal scorer (identity) by roanmore players, a well known ex county player from passage got it. Are you still in touch with anybody in Waterford hurling circles at all?
This is the talk of the Clare hurling intelligentsia now for near 2 days[/quote]

He was 9/2!!!
There was no great conspiracy theory. There was just a huge gamble by anyone with an iota about Waterford hurling. Roanmore are shit. I think he scored something like 3-2 in the first half.

KC badly exposed here.

This wouldn’t be unusual in Waterford. Everyone is aware of the betting patterns of the un named forward in relation to first goal scored, it goes back years when he was still hurling for the seniors and well before that I believe. Don’t see the big deal if a bookie is willing to give odds on this bet, the same bookie should honour the bet.

I think those of us with any kind of a memory will remember a game in Thurles some years back when a player kept going for goals from frees from the strangest distances and angles until the first goal had been scored and then he started popping them over the bar.

Kid I have been a virtual prisoner on the peninsula since the fine weather started and have spoken too no one.

ok, I am confused, should I be rooting for Roanmore or the bookie?