Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Truth.

No harm to have a few pounds this time of year anyway, they are amateurs after all. It will be long gone come May.

2 Likes

I support no intercounty team. You were delighting in the death of Kilkenny hurling based on a league game

:rofl:

:joy::rofl:

Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: ā€œBefore the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times .ā€ And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Denis Walsh needs to be called out for body shaming young men

4 Likes

I think Aussie will lead Waterford to the promised land this yearā€¦ This will be the year where he really dominatesā€¦ I think the Limerick game this year will be a belter below in your own place and both teams will meet in again later in the championship.

Youā€™re right, Iā€™m a big Kilkenny fan as Geoff figured out

Aussie lacks the discipline and will crack when he starts to get some special attention.

2 Likes

Crack?

Austin has matured as a person this year.

4 Likes

When De Burca gets back, Waterford will be the team they all have to beat.

A more rounded player

I hope you are right, heā€™s an exceptional talent and a joy to watch.

Austin is a throw back.

In the modern game - cc Michael Duignan - itā€™s all so structured. Players have to stick rigidly to the process or theyā€™re dropped.

Gleeson is an exception to this, though. Just does his own thing. As likely to play terribly and get sent off as he is to score 0-08 from play. Even as neutral watching him heā€™s one of the few players nowadays where thereā€™s a buzz when he gets on the ball.

Not saying heā€™s as good as them yet but the same expectation was there when the likes of DJ, Ciaran, Eoin Kelly (Tipp) were in their prime. You just expect something to happen when he gets on the ball.

The fact that heā€™s a bit of cut/filth to him only adds to the allure.

5 Likes

Aussie has it all in fairness. Would be disappointing if he didnā€™t fulfil his potential

Lump on now for player of the year.

Anyone that hasnā€™t already lumped on Waterford to win the All Ireland this year is a mug anyway

Waterford for the All Ireland. Seamie for hurler of the year.

Austin is Ken McGrath, Tony Browne, Dan Shanahan, John Mullane and Eoin Kelly (Waterford) all rolled into one.

1 Like

Heā€™s that fat?