Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Jaysus youd hope not. Great occassions the Limerick and Waterford matches. They are a grand shower.

They are but it happened before and could easily happen again .

What happened all the money from the Jedward concert?

Please God theyā€™ll bring back ā€˜Derekā€™ and heā€™ll devise a few more tweeks to the system over 2 or 3 years.
I could do with a good laugh.

Spent on a dozen new hurlin balls

2 Likes

Who was the lad giving it the billy big balls about Waterford being a hurling city?

1 Like

Waterford at the moment reminds me of Limerick pre 2010 strike.

They will be just fine after fast Eddie takes over

1 Like

Do you reckon Eddie is after putting himself back in the picture for the KK gig at some stage

Of course he has but heā€™d be foolish to follow Cody, nothing can follow that. He will take the Waterford gig first assuming they pay up

Yeah. I wouldnā€™t disagree with that

Since the millennium 3 clubs from Waterford city have won 5 Munster club titles between them . cork have nil . Limerick city has 4 titles albeit 1 club .

Long spin from Portroe to Waterford.

Not a fiver per km its not

Dungarvan had a great crop who all came through together and even made a county final in 2012 when they were very young.

They are now going backwards at a rate of knots

Weā€™ll be grand. Itā€™s just like the shaky period that Leeds had after Don Revie left.

3 Likes

What has happened in earnest though. I mean ye pissed through minor and walked the u21 a few years back. While I can understand that it may take lads a couple of years to adapt to senior, the arse really seems to have fallen out of it. I really fancied Waterford to do well this year. I was at the !imerick game and they just downed tools after half time.

The near 20 year shaky period until Howard Wilkinson took over?

Iā€™d say itā€™s a combination of things, the players never wanted Fanning from day 1, he was a poor choice but it doesnā€™t excuse the attitude of the players. I think itā€™s untenable either way for Fanning now and he should move on. Two selectors werenā€™t right either, no experience. The players didnā€™t look fit either. That said, the players need to take some blame too, thereā€™s no excusing the performances. Itā€™s time for a strong manager to clear out a few players and unite the bunch. The positives though is that Waterford found three really good players this year in Prunty, Lyons and Pendergast. The co board chairman PJ Ryan is a fucking dinasaour which isnā€™t helping things either.

Quarter Final Fixtures

Ballygunner vs Passage- Sat 31st Aug Walsh Park 3pm (Adult ā‚¬10/Student/OAP ā‚¬8)

DLS vs Roanmore- Sun 1st Sep Walsh Park 1.30pm (Adult ā‚¬10/Student/OAP ā‚¬8)

Mount Sion vs Lismore Sun 1st Sep 6pm Fraher Field
Abbeyside vs Dungarvan Sun 1st Sep 7.30pm Fraher Field
(Adult ā‚¬15/Student/OAP ā‚¬10)