Waterford v Wexford - The battle for armchair supporter moral high ground

When Iā€™m travelling from Waterford to Pairc Ui Chaoimh I often take that route. Lismore and the Castle is all the more impressive approaching from the Cappoquin side.

Iā€™m sure you know it but if youā€™re on the N25 on the way back from Cork, thereā€™s a turn off up a lane about a mile before Castlemartyr which takes you into Mogeely and into Killeagh just down from the Old Thatch, the far side of all the tail backs. JJā€™s Diner just inside the Waterford frontier at the Old Youghal Bridge for a bag of chips and panoramic views of the Blackwater estuary is a good option for refreshments on the way home as well.

1 Like

Michael Duignan modelling next years Offaly away kit here.

4 Likes

More upsetting news, guysā€¦

And following on from my history of twitter escapades with fat people from Offalyā€¦

Iā€™ve just realised that Daithi Regan has me blocked on twitter.

4 Likes

Why

Just turn at the Two Mile Inn altogether, itā€™s handier than taking that smaller road.

1 Like

Nobody cares

In fact, over 40,000 followers care.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamTarly_?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Duignan having another cut off Davy on RTE Radio now.

I like the way they led in about Cathal Barrett and u21 final . You knew these were just an excuse for getting him on for the main event .

Heā€™s just giving his opinion. He doesnā€™t get the huge fees everyone thinks. But he makes a living out of it. He has children in college. Davy has a sinister agenda.

That He lost his bollix in the last decade was mentioned .

And seething then about Davy giving his

How did Davy know about the tweet. How?

Someone needs to explain the privacy settings on twitter to Michael

After listening to the full unedited press conference it is clear Davy had this well lined up and the tweet was only a cue to unload. He was calm and measured so he was. Which isnt the usual demeanour when he is on the ran tan

1 Like

I wonder did shefflin get the right of reply ?

Shefflin hasnā€™t the smarts or the gumption for this ā€˜senior hurlingā€™

3 Likes

To be honest my feeling is that he has the smarts to stay out of this spat .

2 Likes

What time do morning Ireland put the show up on the website, sounds good.

Who is Davy. Why does he think he has this massive influence in RTƉ.

Quite the opposite, Shefflin is being the smart one here and saying nothing. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

In all the bullshit talk, Davy has a point. The analysis on the sweeper, is showing one or 2 clips of Shaun Murphy and the ineffectivness of one or 2 plays with him. What they dont show is his good plays. Also, this year with Wexford in particular as has been pointed out on here quite a bit, is the play of the defenders going forward. Has it been mentioned anywhere in any of the written or TV analysis that Diarmuid Oā€™Keefe from half back has scored in every competitive game Wexford played this year? How Matt O Hanlon and Liam Ryan also have scored, and in their ā€œtacticsā€ both have freedom to make runs up the field due to the knowledge of having a sweeper behind them. Itā€™s lazy analysis just to go ā€œsweeper, I dont like it, too defensiveā€. Davy himself is probably too rigid in terms of having a sweeper, but in fairness to him, the method in how they play changes around the sweeper.

As @caoimhaoin mentioned already, its next year that is important. Similar to Jim McGuinness and Donegal, he used year one to get the base set up, now its time to progress it and move forward with it. If we come out next year and have the exact same way of playing, then it will be a waste. Davy has the base right, now he needs to figure out how to get the most out of Guiney and McDonald and adapt them into his style of play, because as it stands, both are peripheral figures to the tactics and are not contributing enough. The challenge is how to get them involved and being powerful attacking threats. Do that, and we will have a team that would potentially be able to compete. Keep going, and weā€™ll have the same year again.

As with all Davy teams too, already starting to hear grumblings about players in the squad. The team announcement on Friday apparently did not go down well with some and some very heated words were expressed. @mac, do some digging with your home clubs gossips about it.

9 Likes