Waterford Whispers News

1 Like

it at times like this I wish this site had a lawyer to answer questions

after Moriarty,can we not take it as a given that o’brien doesnt have a good name

1 Like

IRISH businessman Denis O’Brien was sentenced to twenty years in Portlaois prison today in a parallel universe for bribing Fine Gael politician Michael Lowry, enabling him to acquire a mobile phone licence in 1995. This particular parallel universe operates much the same as the one lived in by Ireland today, only the Director of Public Prosecutions more stridently pursues white collar crime and encourages the investigation of conclusions originally made in the Moriarty tribunal while fully backed by a parallel Government. Parallel parking is completely different too.

Mr. Justice Patrick J. McCarthy found Mr. O’Brien guilty of making two payments to Lowry in 1996 and 1999 totalling IR£500,000 and supported a loan of GB£420,000 given to Lowry in 1999 in exchange for imparting substantive information to O’Brien which was “of significant value and assistance to him in securing the licence”. “This happened twenty years ago and I have no idea how you have not been charged with bribery already, considering the Moriarty tribunal found you guilty,” Judge McCarthy addressed the defendant, handing down the sentence. “If I could give you more time I would. I’m sentencing you to the maximum twenty years in Portloais prison and stripping you of any financial earnings you’ve made from the illegal acquirement of Digifine; which currently stands at 6.7 billion euros.”

Denis O’Brien’s solicitor William Fry pleaded with the judge for leniency, pointing out his client’s ongoing humanitarian efforts in Haiti, where he funded the restoration of Haiti’s century-old Iron Market with his own money, and has built 50 primary and secondary schools in the last 18 months. “I am aware of that, but by spending very little money on this (500k), he was awarded millions in U.S. taxpayer funds for its work in Haiti, which helped Digicel scoop up 80 percent of the Haitian mobile phone market, making it your clients most profitable network,” the judge responded, knowing full well he could say such a thing in a parallel universe and get away with it.

“Hahahaha, you got us there,” responded Fry, who started packing away his files before leaving his client alone in the courtroom, adding. “Sorry Denis, the games up. I don’t think Bill or even Hillary can get you out of this one,” referring to his close ties to the Clinton foundation which scours the planet’s most disadvantaged areas for business opportunities.

The 57-year-old was then handcuffed and led away by prison officers from the docks to a loud and triumphant cheer from a congregation of journalists and spectators. “Tell Fine Gael I want my donation money back,” O’Brien shouted in desperation, before being loaded onto a parallel universe prison van.

1 Like

Great response infairness.

#JeSuisWWN

1 Like

“Social and media platforms”

Whoever penned that didn’t proof it or is not sure what social media is. What is a social platform?

You’re a right fucking cunt when you want to be. Shitbag.

1 Like

Huh? I was referring to the lawyer’s letter. Why would that get on your goat so. I can spot a lazy letter a mile off. That reads like a lazy letter that they should have called its bluff.

You had a pop off Bandage earlier, your card is marked, mate.

1 Like

The one at Thurles railway station after a championship match.

ON Wednesday the 5th of August 2015 WWN published a mock photo using the body of notorious criminal John Gilligan. This was an error. It is the intention of the WWN editorial team to offer its sincere apologies for any offence caused to Mr. Gilligan for this mistake.
To associate him with another individual and any widely circulated public utterances relating to that individual must have been an unpleasant experience for Mr. Gilligan, and we deeply regret this.
2009’s Defamation Act, has made it virtually impossible to hang the threat of litigation over individuals, while having the intention of ensuring the process is as drawn out and costly as possible. We trust this is an avenue that will not be explored by Mr. Gilligan following our profuse apologies.
For many Gilligan is most closely associated with the life and work of the journalist Veronica Guerin.
Guerin, in her profession as a journalist, suffered greatly in the face of Ireland’s draconian libel laws in the 1990s as lawyers repeatedly warned her of impending libel suits were she to publish accusations against criminals.
Deeming it in the public interest to learn of Dublin’s crime epidemic, Guerin was left with little choice but to directly confront notorious gangland figures for comments relating to allegations against them.
Had she not done so her stories could be prevented from making it to print as criminals could make use of libel laws to suppress the freedom of the press.
WWN is thankful that some 19 years later such tasking, restrictive and wile measures are not taken by individuals to suppress free speech in Ireland.

old rating.

In fairness they must write three or four of them a day

I wonder dies DOB wake up each morning and call his solicitors with his daily hitlist. The solicitors must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I think he bought the solicitors practice last year

1 Like

Sinn FĂ©in politician slams ‘partitionist’ McDonald’s burger

A SINN FÉIN politician has accused McDonald’s of “partitionism” for only making its new “Irish” burger available in the Republic.

West Tyrone MLA Barry McElduff criticised the fast food chain yesterday after it confirmed that the limited-edition McMĂłr burger will not be sold in Northern Irish outlets.
“It is not ‘mór go leor’ because it does not incorporate the six counties. If it’s available in Letterkenny, then it should be available in Omagh,” he told the Irish News.
McDonald’s is a global firm and some people have concerns about its ethics, but we can now add the sin of protectionism to the list.

McDonald’s launched the burger yesterday as a “tribute to the best produce and finest flavours from across Ireland”.

Written in true Joe prose.

These 5 IRA Atrocities Will Make You Feel So Old!

1993 again, when this chip shop on the Shankill Road was turned into rubble when an IRA bomber prematurely blew up himself and nine punters. Fun fact; if you were born on this day, you’d be old enough to vote for Sinn FĂ©in, if you wanted to. :ronnyroar:

Very clever.

Any idiot thinking of voting for IRA / Sinn Fein needs to be reminded about who these people are.

Who should we be voting for, mate? White Collar terrorists like Fianna Fail and Fine Gael? :joy:

Who are they?

I thought Ireland was a democracy. Now there’s a fella telling me how to vote ?
What a despot the projectx fella is.