WC qualifiers 22 March

Scored by Messi, 2-0.

Half time in the USA - Costa Rica game and the U.S is leading one to zero, through a Clint Dempsey goal. This game is being played in ridiculous fucking conditions in Commerce City, Colorado. There is a full blown blizzard in progress, and despite the best effort of the groundsmen the pitch was covered in snow for the majority of the half. How the ref has let the game continue, I just don’t know. They are frantically trying to clear it again now at half time but in truth, their efforts are futile.

Link here - http://cricfree.tv/espn-usa-live-stream.php

Earlier Mexico squandered a 2 goal lead to end up drawing 2-2 with Honduras, Javier Hernandez with both goals for Mexico. Honduras top the table with 4 points, Mexico are on 2 and prior to tonights game, U.S.A were rock bottom with zero points. There is a crunch clash between Mexico and U.S.A at the Azteca on Tuesday.

Crazy scenes in the USA - Costa Rica game. The ref stopped the game 10 minutes into the second half and called the players off the field. The players from both sides then appeared to convince the ref to resume the match. It’s back underway in farcical conditions, not helped form a spectator point of view by the USA decision to wear white jerseys. The ‘match commissioner’ has decreed that if the game is stopped it can be resumed from the minute it stopped at a later date. I suspect the poor auld Costa Ricans just want to get the fuck out of there tonight, they’re forecasting up to another ten days of this weather in Colorado.

Amazingly they have completed the 90 minutes in this game and the U.S have held on for a 1-0 victory. I’ve never seen a game played in such poor conditions, there must have been 6 inches plus of snow on the pitch by the end. The match itself was reduced to a comical kick and rush type game with lads falling all over the place by the end, but fair dues to them for sticking it out for the full duration.

Is Dick’s Sporting Goods Arena not in LA, Jimmy? How the fuck is it snowing there?? I presume it’s not and Dick has two stadia to his name?

Dick does indeed have two stadia to his name, Thrawneen. The one in Commerce City, near Denver, is known as ‘Dick’s Sporting Goods Park’. Let Dick, and the good people of Commerce City, never be accused of lack of imagination.