WC qualifiers October 15

Both Sweden-Germany games appear to have been rather entertaining.

England through now.

Poland were pretty poor after a very bright opening.

Stevie G shows why he’s the world’s greatest midfielder.

England for me.

Ah lovely we now have guaranteed entertainment watching England build themselves up for the next year before crashing out in dramatic and more than likely comical fashion!

[quote=“Sidney, post: 846832, member: 183”]Stevie G shows why he’s the world’s greatest midfielder.

England for me.[/quote]
Everton and Liverpool players make up the backbone of this great English side, it’s just like the glorious 80’s all over again.:clap:

Wales just brought on some 16 year old for the last few mins against Belgium - Harry Wilson.

Ramsey has just equalised.

England chances will be played down, which if anything means they have a great chance of winning the World Cup.

Correction. We have a great chance of winning the World Cup.

Bosnia have topped their group and qualified for the WC:eek::eek:

Iceland are in the play-offs:eek:

We are useless and shit, but in fairness some of those other groups were awful soft.

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 846862, member: 1503”]Bosnia have topped their group and qualified for the WC:eek::eek:

We are useless and shit, but in fairness some of those other groups were awful soft.[/quote]

Bosnia and Iceland have better players than us.

Begavic, Dzeko, Pjanjic, Ibisevic, Sigurdson, Gumundson, Finbogason etc are all far better players than anything available to us. Iceland have some excellent young players between 18 ans 23 scattered across Europe while Bosnia have been very close to qualifying for the last couple of tournaments

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 846862, member: 1503”]Bosnia have topped their group and qualified for the WC:eek::eek:

We are useless and shit, but in fairness some of those other groups were awful soft.[/quote]
They’re enjoying it in Sarajevo
[ATTACH=full]871[/ATTACH]

delighted for Bosnia and that team in Bihac i played for for 3 weeks in 2004

i went in to Ramat Gan for Israel against NI tonight
@Sidney will be have been delighted with the attention to detail of the stadium announcer who asked us all to stand for the Irish national anthem “god save the queen”,
when corry evans was taken off crocked also we were informed that there was a substitution for Ireland.
Game ended 1-1 and was played like a friendly international, israel could have been 6 up at HT, instead they went in 1-0 thanks to a Eden Ben Bassat goal.
In the second half NI came out and played very well, Steve Davis a player i very much admire had a stormer and scored a cracking equaliser from the edge of the box, McGinn on the left looked lively also, Jesus i felt for that man as he bowed his head when GSTQ was belted out next to him, he was taken off after 75 and didnt give the fans a clap for obvious reasons,
@Thrawneen would also have been pleased with the level of cheating from Dudu Aoute, at one stage he hit the deck like a fella who had been felled by a sniper only to get up and run 30m when he saw no yellow card was given to Martin Patterson for a little dig he gave him,
not bad entertainment for 10 euro, both teams are going nowhere really tho

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 846871, member: 1137”]Bosnia and Iceland have better players than us.

Begavic, Dzeko, Pjanjic, Ibisevic, Sigurdson, Gumundson, Finbogason etc are all far better players than anything available to us. Iceland have some excellent young players between 18 ans 23 scattered across Europe while Bosnia have been very close to qualifying for the last couple of tournaments[/quote]
well done with taking on that punt earlier puke, ballsy stuff, the recession is dead:pint:

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 846875, member: 180”]They’re enjoying it in Sarajevo
[ATTACH=full]871[/ATTACH][/quote]

The Bosnian commentators had a great sing song with the team at the end. Great highlights programme on ZDF here. Olivier Kahn the pundit.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 846875, member: 180”]They’re enjoying it in Sarajevo
[ATTACH=full]871[/ATTACH][/quote]
That was taken during the siege 20 years ago, mate.

:rolleyes:

Igor Stimac has offered his resignation as Croatia manager.

Yeah. Extremely frustrating side. They have a few decent players but they are very badly organised.

Trap would be perfect for them.

yeah , they are a poor, poor side,
saw them vs belgium the other night ( who are also average, dont be deceived by them winning a terrible group) and i was most unimpressed, a shadow of Bilic’s team who beat england at wembley in 2007

they had Leo Beenhaaker and the media ran him out of it.