Wedding Etiquette

I’d say it’s more a case of I’m eyeing Bobbie. Probably a rich American philanthropist who’s oul’ lad popped his clogs.

O’Dowd is no fucking mug I suspect.

3 Likes

Bobbys minding the house for me.

5 Likes

Bobby could get left the lot yet.

I’ve two weddings on back to back weekends coming up i’m dreading it. Also expecting an invitation in the post soon from an ex colleague from England of which i’m going to decline as simply not arsed in the slightest going. What’s the etiquette in this instance? Do i just make an excuse and send back the RSVP thing?

I’ve a wedding in Adamstown, Enniscorty Co Wexford at the end of August, in one way I can’t wait to catch up on old mates but I think we’ll all be too old to go to Ross for the session/fight, this ocassion should be accurately marked in the “things that make you feel old” thread but I can’t remember how to find that thread.

[quote=“Smark, post:1721, topic:16951, full:true”]
I’ve two weddings on back to back weekends coming up i’m dreading it. [/quote]

I like you @Smark your punting tips, down the fields yarns and yer frugal oul’ lad yarns so what gives here.

Weddings are great affairs altogether ffs. There’s no need to know anybody to have a rip of a day.

A small case in point…

I booked a weekend back years ago in some “hotel” thingy near Dromoland for herself and myself - possibly a place called Lynch’s Castle tbf arriving on the Friday afternoon. She thought it was Dromoland, but you could see it if you looked hard. Anyway we arrived in the afternoon, checked in and as it happens I wandered into the premier of a wedding as she was “making up”. By the time she appeared in the bar I was pontificating round and about me until quelle surprise we were invited to the wedding…She was like a boiling bastard but I ploughed on into a great day.

The following morning I was knackered, got up late and had 2/3 sneaky swifties to correct the system. Fuck me if another wedding party didn’t arrive into the bar area and Boxty, high on the kite became involved again. Cue another invite by which time I’m starving and off we go again…

All’s great till the Sunday morning - I awake - the beds empty, her bag is gone, my car is gone with herself at the wheel and I’m 80 miles from home with a hangover and no wheels…

Weddings, whether invited or not are great. You gotta enjoy life @Smark and the sun will rise tomorrow come what may.

30 Likes

Yes. They won’t give a shite. Barring it’s a close friend nobody would take any notice of a decline

Did the indo just pick a post and some replies from a forum there and make a completely out of any context article about it? Jesus. Scraping bottom of the barrell

@Juhniallio how much are you putting in today?

Is he applying for planning permission again?

8 Likes

There’s a film about that

http://cdn.hoyts.com.au/mediafiles/images/AUposters/HO00004768.jpg

He doesn’t have to apply. He just gets it.

:laughing:

Nearly as appalling as that article is the fact this only has 3 likes.

1 Like

Nearly everyone here is afraid of @Juhniallio

And detests you

What’s the problem pal? Did yourself and the slaves miss the boat?

Nope mate. The cruise to Port Douglas starts next Wednesday

You really are an ape.

2 Likes