Weekend Bets

Saturday Accum

Man Utd 5/6 12:00
Liverpool 4/5 SKY 12:45
Arsenal 6/4 1:30
Bolton 15/8 3:00
4/11 Chelsea SET 5:15

10.00 returns 323.44

Watchin the Liv game at the mo. Crap. Reina just saved a penalty.

Martin Tyler: “Well, we got the smash, but not the grab!”

Out of Liv’s starting 11, none played more than 30 min international football on wed.

Richard Keys: “Do you think players are tired these days because their managers are telling them that they are tired?”

nice one flango- of all the football in the world this weekend you choose the big 4 of the epl as your tips

Thanks Raven. Its a loser too glad I didnt do them.

therock67 wrote:

gerrardno1 wrote:

[quote]Following on from my recent successes that prove my footballing knowledge is far superior then anyone here, my tip for the weekend is to not back any football this weekend because odd results always seem to follow the weekend after competitive internationals.

I’ll prob renege from this through pure boredom and will keep you posted as to what I back.

If anyone wants any advice on footie dont hesitate to give me a shout as my knowledge is clearly better than anyone else here.

I hope you’re excluding me from that analysis Gerry - I didn’t enter the competition in the interests of fairness.

This week I’ve gone for:

Stuttgart v Energie Cottbus
15th of September 2007 2:30pm
Win-Draw-Win
Stuttgart @ 2 - 5

Bayer Leverkusen v Bochum
Win-Draw-Win
Bayer Leverkusen @ 8 - 11

Hamilton v Stirling Albion
15th of September 2007 3:00pm
Win-Draw-Win
Hamilton @ 4 - 7

Dundee Utd v St Mirren
16th of September 2007 3:00pm
Win-Draw-Win
Dundee Utd @ 4 - 6

Tottenham v Arsenal
15th of September 2007 1:30pm
Win-Draw-Win
Arsenal @ 6 - 4

7 Euro returns 110 Euro.[/quote]

4 up so far with Dundee United v St Mirren tomorrow. Only Arsenal looked in any way troubled. Hamilton won 3-0, Leverkusen won 2-0 and Stuttgart won 3-0.

Young McCarthy (the new McGeady/Ronaldinho etc. scored for Hamilton by the way).

therock67 wrote:

therock67 wrote:

[quote]gerrardno1 wrote:

[quote]Following on from my recent successes that prove my footballing knowledge is far superior then anyone here, my tip for the weekend is to not back any football this weekend because odd results always seem to follow the weekend after competitive internationals.

I’ll prob renege from this through pure boredom and will keep you posted as to what I back.

If anyone wants any advice on footie dont hesitate to give me a shout as my knowledge is clearly better than anyone else here.

I hope you’re excluding me from that analysis Gerry - I didn’t enter the competition in the interests of fairness.

This week I’ve gone for:

Win-Draw-Win
Stuttgart @ 2 - 5

Win-Draw-Win

Win-Draw-Win
Hamilton @ 4 - 7

Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Win-Draw-Win
Dundee Utd @ 4 - 6

Tottenham v Arsenal
Win-Draw-Win
Arsenal @ 6 - 4

Young McCarthy (the new McGeady/Ronaldinho etc. scored for Hamilton by the way).[/quote]

Has he declared for us or Scotland? Any indication of where he is likely to head next after Halminton?

good tipping - a bit more adventurous than flango man utd chelsea liverpool arsenal bet - united tomorrow was always going to be the tough one though

larryduff wrote:

therock67 wrote:

[quote]therock67 wrote:

[quote]gerrardno1 wrote:

This week I’ve gone for:

Win-Draw-Win
Stuttgart @ 2 - 5

Win-Draw-Win

Win-Draw-Win
Hamilton @ 4 - 7

Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Win-Draw-Win
Dundee Utd @ 4 - 6

Tottenham v Arsenal
Win-Draw-Win
Arsenal @ 6 - 4

Young McCarthy (the new McGeady/Ronaldinho etc. scored for Hamilton by the way).[/quote]

Has he declared for us or Scotland? Any indication of where he is likely to head next after Halminton?[/quote]

He has declared for us, in fact Scotland didn’t even offer him a chance apparently. As was the case with McGeady, Scotland have an underage structure based around schools I think and that obviously annoys some young guys who don’t want to play for their school because they’re with professional clubs (not as professionals but as youth players). McCarthy’s manager pointed out that he didn’t choose Ireland over Scotland - he chose Ireland over nothing. McCarthy himself said that he always wanted to play for Ireland anyway because he promised his grandfather that’s who he’d declare for or something.

Seems like a class player. He was presumably overhyped last year at one stage but he’s been excellent for Ireland youth teams whenever he’s played and he’s even playing out of his age group there too. He’s playing for the Under 17s and the Under 19s as well I think.

Bandage wrote:

A stand-out bet for me is for Massimo Donati to score any time during the game against Caley Thistle at 6/1.

The Italian Sniper has already scored 2 league goals from midfield from the first 5 games and has been bombing forward relentlessly in each.

He’s not in the Italian squad so will be fresh and chomping at the bit.

Easy money - thank me tomorrow evening from 5pm onwards.

Never in doubt. :wink:

therock67 wrote:

gerrardno1 wrote:

This week I’ve gone for:

Win-Draw-Win
Stuttgart @ 2 - 5

Win-Draw-Win

Win-Draw-Win
Hamilton @ 4 - 7

Dundee Utd v St Mirren
Win-Draw-Win
Dundee Utd @ 4 - 6

Tottenham v Arsenal
Win-Draw-Win
Arsenal @ 6 - 4

And a handy 2-0 win for Dundee United brings home another win. I think I’ve cracked this betting lark now.

Bandage wrote:

Bandage wrote:

[quote]A stand-out bet for me is for Massimo Donati to score any time during the game against Caley Thistle at 6/1.

The Italian Sniper has already scored 2 league goals from midfield from the first 5 games and has been bombing forward relentlessly in each.

He’s not in the Italian squad so will be fresh and chomping at the bit.

Easy money - thank me tomorrow evening from 5pm onwards.

Never in doubt. ;)[/quote]

Jaysus Bandage, I totally misread that tip on Friday. I could have swore it was first goalscorer you said. Definite value in 6/1 anytime goalscorer. Congrats.

Small random treble today:

Slavia Prague to beat Steaua Bucharest
Stuttgart to win at Rangers
NZ to beat South Africa at the Twenty20 World Cup. (Watched them beat England yesterday - Vittori was superb).

5 Euro wins 70 euro.