Weekend Bets

This weekend I have put a tenner on the following treble:
Ireland to beat Slovakia @7/4
Dublin to beat Galway in under 21’s hurling at 2/1
Wexford to beat Cork in Camogie at 3/1
If succesful this will return 330e.

Wexford have no chance of beating Cork apparently.

Italy at 2/1 plus 30 points isn’t bad value today either imo. Think they could frustrate The Blacks with their conservative play.

Interesting piper.

I’m off to do some research on the Wexford 3/1 bet.

That Italy bet looks a little silly now. 38-0 after 20 minutes.

Bandage wrote:

Interesting piper.

Did you back them?

gerrardno1 wrote:

Bandage wrote:

[quote]Interesting piper.

Did you back them?[/quote]

Didn’t in the end. Know a few of the people involved and they were extremely confident of winning. Even though 3/1 is a decent price I could only afford a twenty quid flutter and was looking around to see what else I could bet on to make a nice accumulator win. In the end nothing else jumped out at me so I just didn’t bother betting on the Wexford game as a single.

Following on from my recent successes that prove my footballing knowledge is far superior then anyone here, my tip for the weekend is to not back any football this weekend because odd results always seem to follow the weekend after competitive internationals.

I’ll prob renege from this through pure boredom and will keep you posted as to what I back.

If anyone wants any advice on footie dont hesitate to give me a shout as my knowledge is clearly better than anyone else here.

will rovers win tonight?

Using you’re reasoning on this gerry you should go against your gut feeling and see what happens. And if you look at how the Premiership has gone so far there has been a few fairly odd results already. Might do myself a nice little accum for the weekend :slight_smile:

A selection I would almost bank on would be the Double chance in the Arsenal game. 4/11 for Arsenal to win or draw. Surely Spurs wont win, they never do

A stand-out bet for me is for Massimo Donati to score any time during the game against Caley Thistle at 6/1.

The Italian Sniper has already scored 2 league goals from midfield from the first 5 games and has been bombing forward relentlessly in each.

He’s not in the Italian squad so will be fresh and chomping at the bit.

Easy money - thank me tomorrow evening from 5pm onwards.

i concur with bandage

Donati? Is he Rangers?

Agreed with the sentiments Bandage - not sure how good value 6/1 is though.

It’s champing at the bit by the way, common error so don’t hang your head about it.

Who does he play for? I need to know the team he’s on if I’m going to bet on him.

He plays with Celtics Glasgov.

He wont score MacEddy will.

gerrardno1 wrote:

Following on from my recent successes that prove my footballing knowledge is far superior then anyone here, my tip for the weekend is to not back any football this weekend because odd results always seem to follow the weekend after competitive internationals.

I’ll prob renege from this through pure boredom and will keep you posted as to what I back.

If anyone wants any advice on footie dont hesitate to give me a shout as my knowledge is clearly better than anyone else here.

I hope you’re excluding me from that analysis Gerry - I didn’t enter the competition in the interests of fairness.

This week I’ve gone for:

Stuttgart v Energie Cottbus
15th of September 2007 2:30pm
Win-Draw-Win
Stuttgart @ 2 - 5

Bayer Leverkusen v Bochum
15th of September 2007 2:30pm
Win-Draw-Win
Bayer Leverkusen @ 8 - 11

Hamilton v Stirling Albion
15th of September 2007 3:00pm
Win-Draw-Win