Weekend betting 6/3

ok,

not a great weekend racing wise, this is kinda the sleepy period before cheltenham where horses who are been targetted at aintreee or punchestown are out.
the feature race today IMO would be the grade 3 gold cup chase at newbury where a few grand national protagonists will be out.
ill be watching Paul nicholls Big fella thanks with interest and will have a small EW at 8-1

for the football

a treble

southampton to beat tranmere at evens
norwich beat yeovil at 2-5
leeds beat brentford at 4-9

is worth a few quid, im on this

maccabi haifa ( at aā€™h nazareth)/ hamburg (van nisterooy back, at home to bottom hertha berlin) / lyon and lille stand out on the continenet but these need more studying before i commit.

ive also put 2 euro at odds of 500/1 on this outlandish ten team acca with powers ( pick 2 from each section job) for the crack :smiley:

arsenal beat burnley
rangers beat someone in scotland
crewe beat barnet
bourenmouth beat morecambe
forest beat swansea
soton beat tranmere
shrewsbury beat grimsby
boro beat cardiff
port vale against northampton
coventry beat peterbro.

ive heard on the grapevine that

meath -6 and down -5 are good things tonite but im no man to comment on this

[quote=ā€œmickee321, post: 447971ā€]
ok,

not a great weekend racing wise, this is kinda the sleepy period before cheltenham where horses who are been targetted at aintreee or punchestown are out.
the feature race today IMO would be the grade 3 gold cup chase at newbury where a few grand national protagonists will be out.
ill be watching Paul nicholls Big fella thanks with interest and will have a small EW at 8-1 [/quote]

ahoy :pint:

I see WhysoMayo going in the Hunters Chase here in Gowran. Fucker cost me a nice few quid at Cheltenham a few years back with a ridiculous jump at the last fence while having the race wrapped up.

i wouldnt be into the ould hunters chases myself runt
how did the race finish up today in gowran?
shit old days racing all round, right now you just want cheltenham to come, the card for naas tomorrow is typical pre-festival card,
ill be avoiding it anyway.

im debating whether i should throw a load of money on down -5 in the NFL toniteā€¦

any GAA men have any advice?

Ballinstraw won it from Dusty Doolan. The hunters chases are generally to be avoided alright. P2P form is pretty hard to measure.

Iā€™d go for the -5 alright. They should have plenty in hand over Tipp, although Tipp will plug away until the end.

An unlucky few days punting it must be acknowleged, I was all over NUIG in the win draw win market yesterday at 5/2 after a noted ā€˜paddock watcherā€™ napped them to overturn LIT. Not much use them winning in ET. Then I was on that Status Symbol at Kempton today which came there swinging and traded down to 1.03 in running before getting run out of it late on. I thought Williams made a balls of it going on when he did to be honest but a few hundred quid of a turn around takes the objectivity out of my opinion so I donā€™t know.

i remember backing ballistraw in limerick in december 2005 in the pissing rain on an absolute bog, he won.
heā€™s a dour auld stayer allright.

did you get a tip for status symbol?? travelled like the best horse. williams thought it was all over, before he realised it the winner came up on his right with a head of steam and it was all over. if they met again iā€™d be on the runner up.

well done with bigfellathanks mickee. couldā€™n t have him at that trip at all, nice prep for grand national. ruby will have a tough choice bewteen him and tricky trickster.

yeah i threw a tenner EW at 11-1 this morning
i have a bit of a gra for the the horse TBH as harry findley called him after his dog that won the coursing derby in clonmel,
big fella thanks was the dog that was running the day also that the former cork footballer mike macacrthy was tragically killed in a car accident a good few years ago now.
findley gave a superb interview about that in the RP on a sunday back in december

i still dont think he is a grand national horse at all eben tho that has alwaysd been the plan for him.

i dont know mickee, he was sixth i think last year. i remember hedgehunter finishing a tried looking fourth in '04 and winning the following year. the fact that he took to fences last year a big positive. he has a good record in a big field and has a definite ew chance.