Weekend Premier League

watched a good bit of the EPL at the weekend. just wondering what everyone thought.

liverpool impressed me at the weekend. particularly in the second half. alonso was again oustanding. chelsea’s lack of pace out wide was apparent all through. how poor is malouda? lampard hardly got a kick either. carragher defended well and i think agger is probably better than skrtyle anyway. babel made a difference when introduced also. arbeloa has also improved a hell of a lot. great result for benitez.

earlier i had watched a painful sunderland newcastle game. the most striking thing about this game was the amount of rubbish blowing around the pitch. pretty apt considering the complete shite that was being played out there. cisse was sunderland’s best player he always looked a threat. ramos made a major mistake letting malbranque go. he was the only decent player in midfield yesterday in either side. the refusal of all the central midfielders to look for the ball or use it remotely intelligently was striking.

sunderland won it with a cracking free kick from the otherwise awful richardson. looking at the newcastle side it easy to see why they are down in the relegation zone. they had plenty of spirit but with the likes of taylor, bassong, butt, guthrie, duff, geremi all passengers it could turn a bit sour for JFK yet. at least the three subs they brought on (20 mins too late) all looked far better than the ones they replaced. barton in particular looked in a different league to butt and guthrie. he was only on for five minutes aswell. ameobi bullied ferdinand all day and was their only positive.

watched the second half of arsenal and west ham. arsenal owned the ball. van persie was looking very sharp. i still dont think fabregas is at his best tho. wenger gambled taking off walcott but adebayor turned the game. bendtner played a great ball to him for the second. west ham like newcastle and sunderland have plenty of spirit but are badly lacking in quality. carlton cole up front and bringing on boa morte says it all

harry had a good start at spurs. pompey will probably have a fire sale in january. diarra or krancjar will hardly stay anyway particularly if allardyce gets the nod. pressure now on megson in the sack race. terrible manager and their fans hate him. my 100 on hull to go down is looking worse by the week. what a run they are on