Weird News Stories

Tanning shops = Money Laundering

Arson attacks then as insurance jobs or by people who theyā€™ve fallen out with?

Possibly.

A Dubai based Dubliner had a number of Dry Cleaners also. Sure how can you tell how many customers in a tanning shop or how many shirts youā€™ve cleaned and ironed.

Like the car wash scene in Ozark

Nail barsā€¦

I heard recently that the stylist rents a chair in most nail bars.

Perhaps the more legit ones.

Iā€™d say itā€™s the same with barbers.

ā€œTurkishā€ barbers over here. They are everywhere and cash only.

How many barbers does it take to serve the average rural town dya think?
Ballinasloe has at least 6

Not many slap heads around i guess. A lot of hairy babies

Young fellas love going to the barbers these days. Iā€™d say thereā€™s a lot more bidness for barbers than usual.

Thereā€™s a load of Chinese restaurants around that I reckon are definite money laundering fronts. Never anyone in them and open 20 years.

1 Like

Was talking to my barber last week about demand. He said it is very busy due to the time taken for fades and the fact that young lads will be in every second week.

Takeaway food seems to be the sector for cash laundering. I canā€™t understand how there are more than 20 takeaway outlets in dooradoyle/raheen (excluding the crescent).

Thereā€™s a lot of lads rating spicebags on tik tok, it could be that bro. Absolutely bangin

1 Like

For the locals, what sustains the king palace and dragon places?

Nail bars must be ideal fronts, very little needed in the way of materials / stock so even harder for revenue to investigate. Restaurants might be asked to prove they purchased that many ingredients etc.

Sunbeds and tanning is top of the list.

Electricity usage could be cross-checked I guess.

They were two I had in mind. Never a soul in there and never hear of anyone ordering from there either

I wouldnā€™t be gone on Chinese but that Dragon Phoenix one isnā€™t bad.

Not saying itā€™s not a laundry too.

You could make a lot of money selling reliable card machines to Chinese restaurants. Whoever is supplying them at the moment is doing a terrible job as they are always broken.

12 Likes

There was a big CAB investigation into money laundering through Chinese restaurants not too long ago I recall.