Weird News Stories

Three horses attacked at Waterford halting site

Thursday December 18 2008

Investigations are underway in Waterford into a number of attacks on horses in the city.

Three horses had their back legs cut and mutilated at two halting sites on the Ballybeg Link road and the Williamstown road.

The attacks happened last night, and all three horses have since been put down.

Did the horses do something to piss the lads off I wonder?

Bad form blaggarding horses like that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/staffordshire/7730596.stm

:eek:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/7076758.stm

A proud day for Manus and his family

Donegal man sets sheep shearing record
Friday, 19 December 2008 11:29

A Co Donegal man has set a new world record for lamb shearing in New Zealand.

Ivan Scott had to shear more than 731 lambs to break the eight-hour strongwool lamb shearing record.

Radio New Zealand reports Mr Scott pipped the previous record with a tally of 736 sheep.
Advertisement

The previous record holder, New Zealander Justin Bell, was present to see his record go.

Earlier in the week, a champion shearer from Scotland, Gavin Mutch, failed to break the same record.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1219/sheep.html

[quote=“Mac”]A proud day for Manus and his family

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1219/sheep.html[/quote]

What a fantastic achievement,brought a tear to me eye.
I will be strutting around work with the chest swelled up with pride for the rest of the week.:rolleyes:

[quote=“manusboyle”]What a fantastic achievement,brought a tear to me eye.
I will be strutting around work with the chest swelled up with pride for the rest of the week.:rolleyes:[/quote]

Trying to impress the ewes are we?

Yes Mary,yes I am.:rolleyes:

South African FA official shot dead
Monday, 5 January 2009 14:16

A South African official who blew the whistle on alleged corruption in the building of a stadium for the 2010 World Cup has been shot dead, an official said Monday.

Jimmy Mohlala, a member of the local organising committee for the World Cup, was killed on Sunday in the north-eastern city of Nelspruit, local government spokeswoman Bessie Pienaar told AFP.

‘He was shot dead at his home in Nelspruit yesterday evening,’ said Piennar, adding that more details would be released later Monday.

Mohlala was a former vice president of the South African Football Association and headed the local council for the municipality of Mbombela, where the stadium is being built in Nelspruit for the games.

He made headlines a year ago with reports that some members of the ruling African National Congress (ANC) wanted him sacked for allegedly turning in a colleague over graft claims in the construction of the Mbombela stadium.

His claims sparked an investigation into a range of allegations, including the manipulation of tenders in 2010 construction contracts, SAPA news agency said.

The 46,000-capacity Mbombela stadium, scheduled for completion this year, is one of 10 venues for the 2010 World Cup.

His death is a ‘huge setback’ for organising the event in Nelspruit, the head of South Africa’s organising committee, Danny Jordaan, said in a statement.

Jesus that’s not good for the World Cup at all, I hope to fuck FIFA are lying through their teeth when they say they’ve no Plan B.

6 & 7-year-olds caught trying to elope
Monday, 5 January 2009 17:43
Two childhood sweethearts, aged six and seven, eloped from Hanover in
northern Germany on New Year’s Eve, determined to tie the knot under the
African sun.

Police said identified the pair as Mika and Anna-Lena and said they ‘are very
much in love and decided to get married in Africa where it is warm, taking
with them as a witness Anna-Lena’s little sister, aged five.’

The idea for the romantic trip began when Mika told the two girls about his
recent holiday in Italy, while their families celebrated New Year’s Eve
together.

AdvertisementAs the first dawn of 2009 broke, the trio started to put these
plans into action, packing all the essentials for the journey, including
‘sunglasses, swimming trunks, a lilo, summer clothes and provisions.’

While their parents slept, they left their house in the suburbs of Hanover,
walked a kilometre up the road to a tram stop from where they took a tram for
the central station.

Waiting for a train to the airport, they aroused the attention of a guard who
contacted police.

Two officers managed to convince them that they would struggle to get to
Africa without money or a plane ticket.

As a consolation, the children were given a special tour of the police
headquarters at Hanover station where they were especially taken with the
detention cells.

Their relieved parents picked them up from the station, the spokesman said,
adding: ‘They can still put their plan into action at a later date.’

Premier League - Ameobi in messy ‘burglary’

Eurosport - Tue, 06 Jan 11:59:00 2009

Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi called the police to report a burglary at his home before realising it was just very messy.
The 27-year-old thought thieves had broken in to his 500,000 house in the city’s Jesmond district.

He phoned police and detailed several items that were missing. A police source told the Daily Mirror: "We were told thieves had taken a number of things, the most important one being the chequebook.

“Given what soccer stars earn, that was obviously a matter of great concern.”

However, Ameobi subsequently admitted his mistake and found the ‘stolen’ items amid household clutter.

“We got a call back saying nothing was missing after all,” said the source. “Perhaps he had had a party and the place just looked as if it had been burgled.”

A police spokesman confirmed: “We received a report of a theft from a house in Jesmond but it appears to have been a genuine misunderstanding.”

Ameobi, who has been a Newcastle player since 2000, has scored three goals in 14 Premier League games this season.

Hoax call led to 200,000 search - Cllr
Tuesday, 6 January 2009 12:41

The PSNI has launched an investigation after a hoax call led to the waste of hundreds of thousands of pounds in a mountain search.

The alert began when a French visitor staying in Newcastle, Co Down, reportedly telephoned his hotel to say he was lost in the Mourne Mountains.

A major search and rescue operation was then immediately mounted around Slieve Donard.

Four helicopters, a spotter plane, the emergency services, the Coast Guard, dog teams and mountain rescue experts were all involved.

After a day-long operation, police called off the search saying they were treating the call as a deliberate hoax, and were beginning a criminal investigation.

Down District Council chairman Colin McGrath condemned the hoaxer, saying one phone call had cost more than 200,000 of public money which could have been put to much better use.

I couldnt agree more.

Down south it only takes one helicopter to deliver a rugby ball

A TWISTED oddball with an insatiable animal fetish was arrested after allegedly having sex with 400 cows.

The 53-year-old cleaner told police he did not fancy women and only cows and horses got him randy.

Getulino Ferreira Paraizo said he chose the more tranquil animals before engaging in sex acts with them.

But police say it is even more bizarre.

They accuse him of torturing the animals, sometimes ripping out their eyes before having sex with them and then killing them.

Among the clues he left behind at every scene were empty packages of the same cookies.

Police found another packet on him when they arrested him.

Paraizo, of Aragoiania, in central Brazil, told reporters he cant have sex with women since sexual abuse as a teenager.

I tried once but couldnt do it. I only feel like it if its a cow or a horse.

He added: I need to stop doing this rubbish. I want treatment.

Police chief Alvaro Cassio dos Santos said: We estimate he killed around four hundred cows in the last four years.

At first we thought it was part of some black magic ritual as neither the meat nor the skin were taken away.

Paraizo could get up to five years in jail for material damages against local farmers.

Fucking hell that is a weird story. Having sex with animals is bad enough but killing 400 cows?

And whats the story with the biscuits?

Post Coital Cookies I guess

NY man demands estranged wife pay him for kidney

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. A Long Island surgeon embroiled in a nearly four-year divorce proceeding wants his estranged wife to return the kidney he donated to her, although he says he’ll settle for $1.5 million in compensation.

Dr. Richard Batista, a surgeon at Nassau University Medical Center, told reporters at his lawyer’s Long Island office Wednesday that he decided to go public with his demand for kidney compensation because he has grown frustrated with the negotiations with his estranged wife.

He claimed he has been prevented from seeing their children, ages, 8, 11 and 14, for months at a time.

“This is my last resort; I did not want to do this publicly,” Batista said.

He said he gave his kidney to Dawnell Batista, now 44, in June 2001. She filed for divorce in July 2005, although he claims she began having an extramarital affair 18 months to two years after receiving the kidney transplant, his attorney, Dominick Barbara said.

Douglas Rothkopf, the attorney representing Dawnell Batista, did not return telephone calls seeking comment.

Matrimonial attorneys were quick to shoot down any possibility Batista would succeed.

“I’ve been in this business over 40 years and I’ve never heard of that,” said Seymour J. Reisman, a Long Island divorce lawyer. “It’s not marital property, not a marital asset you can put a price tag on.”

Manhattan attorney Susan Moss said, “The good doctor is out of luck and out a kidney. This is similar to cases where a husband wants to be repaid for the cost of breast implants and the such. Our judges are not willing to value such assets, so to speak.”

Batista, 49, said he has no regrets about donating the kidney, only about the failed marriage. The couple was married in 1990 and lived in a million-dollar home in Massapequa. They met while he was working at a hospital and she was training to be a nurse.

He still recalls the day after the surgery took place.

"There is no greater feeling on this planet. As God is my witness, I felt as if I could put my arm around Jesus Christ. It was an unbelievable; I was walking on a cloud.

To this day I would still do it again."

You read a story like that which is fucked up beyond belief - sex, cows, horses, killing, 400 dead animals etc yet all you focus on afterwards is the cookies. Somehow the cookies seem like the strangest part.