Well done John Delaney

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/1106/fifa.html

great lobbying from the big man

I was listening to this on Matt Cooper last night, some very interesting stuff alright. But I ask the question, who the fook would want to do this!!

Under the new suggestion put forward by world soccer’s governing body, players born in the Republic of Ireland and holding Irish nationality could choose to play for Northern Ireland.

Looks like the status quo will pretty much be maintained. Would like to read something more conclusive from FIFA before praising Delaney yet.

some were criticising him before when it was leaked they lost out so just redressing the balance

It’s pretty funny that the IFA pursued this and now it looks like it’s going to end up being an embarrassing failure for them (if the official FIFA announcement is as anticipated).

Anyone ever read the ‘Our Wee Country’ forum? It’s a Norn Iron forum and they’re foaming at the mouth over this.

A very Niamh Horan article

Is it John and his family?

4 Likes

For three days like.

To stay relevant

1 THE END

Simon Cox smiles as he reflects on his long-held desire to keep playing professionally until he was 40, a craving borne from the belief that the ball would always be in his court.

He didn’t envisage the mission ending last weekend, six months after his 34th birthday, following discussions with his wife Samantha and his parents.

“I feel like quit is a horrible word,” he laughs, “I’d like to think of it as stepping away.”

The brutal truth of his business is that players don’t always retire; it’s the game that retires them. In the summer after his return from Australia, and the end of a Covid-curtailed 16-month stay with Western Sydney Wanderers, Cox put the feelers out to contacts.

There was realism in his networking. Cox scored 17 goals at League One level with the Southend in the season and a half before his relocation Down Under and he pursued options in that division and below it in League Two and the Conference.

“You pick up the phone to people you’ve played against, people who are managing now. I must have phoned or met numerous managers across those leagues,” continues Cox, speaking from his home in Essex.

The same answers came back, either to Cox directly or his representatives.

‘We have our targets, he’s not one of them’

‘We’re looking at a younger squad.

A final ring-around once the transfer window closed confirmed that not even his free agent status was tempting enough for a club to bite.

“None of them wanted me,” he says, matter of factly. “It was one of them where you’re (like) . . . oh wow . . . 500 games, nearly 150 goals across all leagues and international level, how are you turning around and saying no? But you have to check your ego and say, you know what, if the phone is not ringing, it’s not ringing. Take it on the chin and say, ‘My time is done.’

“I’ve had 17 years as a pro and feel like I’ve done alright. But I realised when I came back that football really quickly forgets about you.”

2 WHO’S THIS GUY?

How will football remember Simon Cox? The game moves fast and, to some readers, the name may ring a bell without producing a picture.

In Ireland, the snapshot will always be Euro 2012 and that summer in Poland. For the infamous chasing at the hands of Spain, Giovanni Trapattoni’s pre-match curve ball was to drop Kevin Doyle and introduce 25-year-old Cox, Doyle’s one-time Reading understudy, as a second striker.

He’d been around the squad for a year, scoring three times in 16 appearances, but large swathes of the Irish public knew little about a player who had been in West Brom’s Premier League squad for the previous two seasons.

Trapattoni picked the team, yet Cox always felt that assistant Marco Tardelli was his main ally. They bonded in gym discussions before training, the player absorbing tales of World Cup victory. “His English was a lot better than Trap,” he says. “And he liked the way I played. I think my relationship with that management team was more to do with my relationship with Marco than Trap.”

The Spanish brief was beyond him, though, tasked with the impossible job of linking midfield and attack against the best international side of the era. At the interval, he was called ashore but that outing combined with sub appearances against Croatia and Italy meant he got on the pitch in every match in that tournament. Three losses for Ireland, but a personal victory in his eyes.

“Regardless of the results, it was probably the best moment in my career,” says Cox, with his only Premier League goal, a stunner at White Hart Lane a year earlier, the only clear rival for the affections.

“I’ve so many pictures of the Euros, winning the Championship and playing in the Premier League against some of the best players in the world. It’s scary for someone who never expected to make it as high as I did.

“I didn’t have the elite mindset and elite mentality at the time to forget about that sort of stuff and just play. I went there as a fan who had done really well to get to these amazing grounds and to play against these unbelievable players. If I’m being really honest, I probably didn’t worry about what the results were because I was living the dream as it was.”

He was a happy-go-lucky character in those days, far from a deep thinker, and he didn’t always nail the first impressions.

Stephen Hunt has spoken openly about how his old clubmate riled him. Trapattoni’s preference for Cox at the Euros was agony.

“I’m quite a serious person now,” says Cox. “Back then, I felt I was at the top of my game. I’d got into the Ireland set-up and I was ready to attack and nothing and nobody was going to get in my way. You get older, grow up and realise you were a little a**ehole sometimes.”

Entering his first Irish training session, he didn’t recognise the laws of the group. Cox knew a core of the squad from his Reading and West Brom days but his attention was elsewhere.

“They weren’t the ones I was worried about integrating with,” he explains. “It was the higher end, the Robbie Keanes, the Richard Dunnes, the Shay Givens, the Damien Duffs.

“They do little boxes before training and I didn’t realise the younger groups stayed one side and the hierarchy went the other way. I found myself over on the Robbie Keane side. I was thinking, ‘I want to play with you, I want to play with the best players’ and all of a sudden it was like, ‘Oof, who’s this guy?’

“I could probably guarantee you that none of those four I mentioned had ever heard of me so I’d imagine it was a little bit like, ‘How dare you get into our box, you’re not deserving to be in this box’ but for me it was like a test.

“They probably thought I was cocky but my thinking was if I’m going to be here for a little while in terms of years and games and appearances, you’re going to have to get used to me. I wanted to impress them.”

There was another angle to fitting in that he was wary of, however, and he says he felt in the same boat as Sean St Ledger and Liam Lawrence on account of their shared background as grandparent-rule converts.

“Ostracised is not the right word,” he says. “But you had to go about things in a different way and be careful of what you were saying in case the backlash is ‘You don’t deserve to be here, you weren’t born in the country, you’re taking someone’s spot because your grandparents were born in Ireland’ and you’re making a way for yourself without earning it.

“That sort of mindset went away as the tournament got closer and, afterwards, it got a lot easier. For me, it was trying to let my football do as much of the talking early on, and then when it got to the stage where it felt like I was accepted and more than just a one-hit wonder, I started to integrate a bit further outside of the squad when there were chances to sit down and have chats with people because, ultimately, if I felt I was going to be there for four or five years, you’ve to get to know the people you are going to be there with.”

Read More

3 DEAR JOHN

The time-frame was optimistic. Two years after the Euros, Cox won his last cap in a 5-1 drubbing at the hands of Portugal, although he didn’t know it at the time. Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane extended no further invitations, nor did they explain why.

Euro 2012 was the peak, but in another way he feels it was also the beginning of the end. Trapattoni’s last year was fraught and he exited in September 2013. Noel King’s subsequent appointment as caretaker led to Cox’s first exclusion from a squad since his debut. He has his own theories about the reason.

“I think Noel was told not to pick me,” he declares. “That’s me speculating. I don’t know if that was the case.”

This invites elaboration.

“John Delaney was a big issue for me. We had a big incident after the Euros, after the Italy game. Prior to that, I got on really well with him but after this we massively, massively fell out.”

It’s a story he hasn’t shared before and there is a certain reluctance to go there. The scene was the team hotel in Poznan, with players, staff and other members of the official party finishing off the tournament with a few drinks.

Cox was in the corner with a group of players and rose from his seat to go to the bar where he found himself next to Delaney and a sponsor.

“I said, ‘Would you like a drink?’ and they said, ‘We’re good thanks’,” he says. “And then John sort of starts hitting me around the face in a jokey way (Cox does a mini-impersonation of the CEO playfully patting and grabbing at his cheek).

“I let that one slide. I put my order in and was waiting for my drinks and he started doing it again. I was like, ‘Listen, you’re going to have to stop that’ and then he started doing it again. The sponsor told him to stop. I turned around to John and said, ‘Listen, John, if you do that again, I’m going to lay you out here in front of everyone.’”

Immediately, the mood changed.

“All of a sudden, his nose was out of place. I think it was because it was in front of his big contact. Even to the point where we flew home and I was sat next to Shane Long on the plane. John would shake everyone’s hand as he got off the plane and he shook Shane’s hand and moved on from me.”

Later in the year, Cox reported to Dublin where he was beckoned over by Trapattoni in the lobby of the hotel.

“‘You and the CEO, you have a problem?” said the Italian, before giving a version of events that didn’t tally with Cox’s version. “I said to Trap, ‘No, there’s no issue on my part, no problem from me.’

“I’d got on alright with John, I’d seen him out a few times and had a few drinks with him. I do think he sort of wanted to be the hero in it, he wanted to be the main focal point, the nice guy in it all. He went into the fanzones many a time and would buy drinks for supporters and I felt like he was buying support.

“I remember being on the way back from one of the games and we were talking on the plane and he was like, ‘Trap’s a big score for Irish football’ and I was saying, ‘You’re not wrong’. I had good chats with him, but then all of a sudden, he thought he was a bit braver than he probably was and I think it put his nose out of place a little bit by someone sort of stepping up to him.

“I do think that was probably how my Ireland career tailed off a little bit as well. Even when I was selected under Roy and Martin, John would say hello to everyone as they got on the plane and he would miss me out altogether. I’d thought to myself that with Roy’s history with John Delaney, I’m going to have someone here in my corner. But after 2014 I was never picked again.”

When Eamonn Dolan – a massive influence in Cox’s life during his formative days at Reading – passed away in 2016, Delaney was present at the funeral with Dolan’s brother Pat. “He didn’t say anything to me that day either,” Cox recalls. “He never let it go.”

Delaney did not respond to a request for comment.

4 THE NEXT STEP

That was the summer when Cox ended a second stint with Reading and joined Southend, a drop to the third tier. Ireland’s Euro 2016 experience was watched from afar.

He can trace the club descent back to 2012 too.

New West Brom gaffer Steve Clarke called him on the eve of the Spain fixture to introduce himself in a chat that left Cox feeling good about his prospects. Upon his return, he went to the training ground to pick up his car and bumped into the Scot who explained that he was looking to bring in Romelu Lukaku and let a forward go so he should consider his options. From his biggest high, it was a shuddering comedown.

So the bags were packed for Nottingham Forest where there was chopping and changing of managers and Cox’s refusal to be a make-weight in a deal to bring in Michail Antonio spelling the end.

“I’d started pre-season well but Stuart Pearce pulled me in and says I don’t want you here anymore,” he sighs. Nigel Adkins brought him back to Reading but his exit and the arrival of Clarke was an unwelcome twist. There was a reprieve when Cox struck up a rapport with loanee Glenn Murray, imploring Clarke and the club to pursue a permanent deal which never materialised. He lost his place and had an unhappy loan at Bristol City before a handful of appearances under Clarke’s replacement Brian McDermott brought down the curtain on his Championship stay.

“I’m not someone to blame people,” he stresses. “I felt over the course of three clubs – West Brom, Forest and Reading again – I was let down. I was never ever seen as the main guy. Or every time I was doing well, I was always knocked back. I never got a chance to build on 2012.”

During his four years at Southend, he started thinking about the future and the quirks of his transient profession.

“It’s a big discussion in dressing-rooms as you get older. You start talking to people and ask them, ‘How many friends are you going to come out of football with?’”

In his case, the answer is four or five. That’s out of around 400 or 500 workmates by his reckoning.

“I had some really good friendships,” he says. “And you can keep in touch on social media and that but in terms of people I talk to every day or every week, you’re talking five people. It’s not many.”

Life takes over. Relocating to Australia was about changing scenery, but the pandemic severely complicated his stay, especially when Samantha informed him that she was pregnant.

Joy was followed by stress around logistics, the restart of football and quarantine rules. The long story short is that he was in Australia in February while his daughter Ella-Rae was born in England. Beginning fatherhood on Zoom was difficult, and Cox made the decision to come home before the A League season ended.

“The money doesn’t really matter,” he explains. “I wanted to be part of the family and get to know my daughter.”

Retirement was an unexpected consequence. The fact that Samantha has a good job in wealth management means there isn’t a bill-paying urgency about his situation; it’s more about the desire for the sense of involvement again. At different intervals, he describes the uncertainty as both daunting and exciting.

“I’ve never had to fill out a CV or write a cover letter or go for an interview,” muses the A Licence holder. “My experience is 17 years of playing. People ask, ‘What’s your coaching experience?’, and it’s, ‘Not a lot’.” By his own admission, he’s a novice in this territory and is therefore prepared to start at a lower rung and work his way up. There are countless others in the same boat.

“It’s tough to get interviews unless you’ve been a top, top player,” he admits. “You’re not going to have a knock on the door saying, ‘We want you as manager.’ I’m not the biggest name in the world so you’ve got to get a start and build from there.”

After scaling the ladder as a player, his second journey starts here.

Read More

Soccer

Latest Soccer

Most Read

1. 'I said to John Delaney, ‘if you do that again, I’m going to lay you out’
  2. Watch: Glentoran goalkeeper Aaron McCarey sent off for ‘moment of madness’ clash with team-mate Bobby Burns
  3. ‘I probably made a couple of bad decisions’ – Under pressure Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes blame for defeat at Leicester
  4. Liverpool keeper CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher must not fall into Darren Randolph trap and let his career stagnate
  5. Manchester United crash to defeat after thrilling finish against Leicester

Latest

Most Watched

[
Video

TikTok video shows officer pointing a gun in a Dublin station

](TikTok video shows officer pointing a gun in a Dublin station - Independent.ie)

[
Video

Finbar Furey and John Sheahan give stunning musical tribute to Paddy Moloney

](Finbar Furey and John Sheahan give stunning musical tribute to Paddy Moloney - Independent.ie)

[
Video

Attention-stealing dog keeps stealing limelight from TikTok dancer

](Attention-stealing dog keeps stealing limelight from TikTok dancer - Independent.ie)

[
Video

Keith Earls opens up about Bipolar 2 diagnosis on Late Late Show

](Keith Earls opens up about Bipolar 2 diagnosis on Late Late Show - Independent.ie)

[
Video

‘Unvaccinated now as vulnerable as ever’ – Dr Ronan Glynn gives update on Covid-19

]('Unvaccinated now as vulnerable as ever' – Dr Ronan Glynn gives update on Covid-19 - Independent.ie)

;

He seems quite bitter

Never heard of him

1 Like

Offering to knock the bollox out of people isn’t always the best career move

1 Like

Do you remember the time we started with Long Cox up front ???

No then

The emails John Delaney wants to keep hidden

Former FAI boss trying to prevent investigators from accessing information on his business dealings and divorce

John Delaney in bid to block emails. Picture by David Fitzgerald/Sportsfile5

John Delaney in bid to block emails. Picture by David Fitzgerald/Sportsfile

Mark Tighe

June 26 2022 02:30 AM

A court filing has revealed that records the former Football Association of Ireland chief executive John Delaney is trying to keep from a criminal investigation include hundreds of email exchanges with FAI executives who worked on his personal business ventures and divorce case.

The High Court reserved judgment last month on an application from the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) to access 1,123 emails and a small batch of hard-copy records seized from the FAI headquarters in February 2020. Delaney claims the records are legally privileged.

The ODCE, which includes seconded gardaí on its investigation team, is examining Delaney’s use of FAI financial resources.

A spreadsheet submitted to Judge Leonie Reynolds in the case and obtained by the Sunday Independent shows Delaney claims privilege over hundreds of emails with Karl Heffernan and Rea Walshe, two senior FAI executives who also helped him with personal business ventures and family law matters.

Neither Walshe, a solicitor who became the FAI’s interim CEO when Delaney became executive vice-president in March 2019, nor Heffernan, a former banker recruited by Delaney to be the FAI’s commercial director, work for the FAI now.

A small number of emails with Eamon Breen, the FAI’s former finance director, are also claimed to be privileged due to them relating to family law. Privilege is claimed by Delaney on emails sent to his sister, Jane O’Driscoll, his brother, Paul, and his former fiancee, Emma English.

He is also seeking to prevent gardaí seeing emails with Cahir O’Higgins, a solicitor who is said to have advised on family law issues. O’Higgins is representing former FAI honorary secretary Michael Cody, who gardaí attached to the ODCE have interviewed about Delaney’s contract, which included a €3m ‘golden handcuffs’ deal about which most of the FAI board knew nothing.

Other emails Delaney is seeking to shield include three with Terry Prone, a PR guru, that are said to concern defamation and reputation issues, and a number sent to Des Grace, his long-time accountant based in Kerry.

Among the transactions under investigation is an FAI payment of €100,000 made in February 2019 to the client account of Paddy Goodwin, Delaney’s solicitor, who also acted for the FAI on some matters. The focus of this line of enquiry is understood to be the source of the payment.

The ODCE is also investigating transactions involving Pillarview, a company owned by friends of Delaney, that refinanced some of his business debts arising from a development company called JMPHE. Karl Heffernan was listed as an official contact for Pillarview in company filings before it entered liquidation in 2020.

Among the emails listed between Delaney and Heffernan are some prepared “in the context of family law proceedings”. In a series of emails, Heffernan is copied on discussions between Delaney and his Bank of Ireland private wealth managers on the subject of “property finance”.

Read More

There are more than 50 emails involving Heffernan that relate to Pillarview or JMPHE, over which Delaney has claimed privilege.

He notes that Pillarview or JMPHE, of which he is a director, may also claim privilege on some emails. He claims the records relate to his family law case or contain “company law advice”.

A series of emails relates to a “shareholder dispute” while others concern Gerfurn, another Delaney company, and Ronstrap, a separate firm.

Delaney claims privilege over dozens of emails involving his partners in JMPHE, who include Hilary Quinlan, a former Fine Gael councillor in Waterford.

Quinlan is also included on some emails sent to Delaney’s sister on the subject of a property in Tralee.

Many emails involving Rea Walshe relate to Delaney’s defamation claims against various media organisations.

However, there are also emails where Delaney said the FAI solicitor was “a legal adviser” on “company formation for property transactions”.

Walsh is also described as a “legal adviser” on a series of emails relating to family law matters where Heffernan is also included as a “financial adviser”.

Walshe is also said to have assisted Delaney in completing his Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) registration after it emerged he was not entitled to call himself a chartered accountant.

Walshe is said by Delaney to have given legal advice on his acquisition of an €868,000 five-bedroom house in Aughrim, Co Wicklow, in 2019. Delaney is currently renting the property out for €3,000 a month. Another group of emails list Walshe as a legal adviser on “family law/defamation proceedings/ settlement agreements”.

Delaney, who now runs a consultancy business, Delay Ltd, in London, is also trying to shield a number of emails with Finance One, a financial advisory firm that advised on “re-finance of personal business”, a property purchase and a company called Spinelcrest.

The privilege claim is also made in relation to a series of emails Delaney sent to his sister and to former fiancee English relating to family law, “property advice” and “business matters”.

Delaney is claiming privilege over documents relating to legal advice he received from A & L Goodbody about the Moran Inquiry into the Olympic Council of Ireland Rio ticketing scandal and subsequent defamation cases.

The ODCE is investigating why A&L were instructed to pay some of Delaney’s defamation settlements to Pillarview.

Delaney has also claimed privilege over correspondence with Breen, the FAI’s former finance director, Declan Conroy, a consultant who has worked on a number of the FAI’s tournament bids, and Peter Sherrard, the FAI’s former PR director, who is now chief executive of the Olympic Federation of Ireland.

A large number of emails on various subjects were copied to Denise Cassidy, Delaney’s former PA.

In court, the ODCE questioned how privilege can be maintained by Delaney if the correspondence was sent to non-lawyers. It also submitted that litigation privilege cannot apply if the legal cases the emails relate to have concluded.

Delaney insists that litigation in 78 cases is “extant” as there are ongoing disputes between him and the lawyers involved about “who is the client, who is entitled to receive compensation and who is responsible for the fees”.

There are also four emails marked as “Asian fund” that Delaney says relate to family law.

The ODCE has said it requires access to Delaney’s emails to assist its criminal investigation into the FAI and Delaney that began in March 2019 after complaints were made to the corporate watchdog.

In April 2019, Deloitte, the FAI’s then auditors, made a statutory filing reporting the FAI for failing to keep proper books of accounts. The FAI has set aside €3.5m to pay fines and unpaid taxes from the Delaney era.

A Sport Ireland audit of the FAI found the association made payments of almost €1m to cover Delaney’s personal expenses, including his 50th birthday party and rent, over his last five years there.

While Delaney made several repayments, Kosi, the accountants hired by Sport Ireland, calculated that the “excess benefit” he enjoyed amounted to €724,629.42.

Ex-football CEO’s list of 78 legal cases

The ODCE has told the court Delaney cannot claim litigation privilege over records relating to court cases or legal actions if those cases, some of which stretch back to 2011, have concluded.
However, Delaney has complained that A&L Goodbody, the FAI’s former solicitors, and Paddy Goodwin, a solicitor who acted for both Delaney and the FAI, have refused him access to case files and he has been unable to compile an “exhaustive list” of his litigation at the FAI.
In his most recent affidavit, signed on April 8 at the offices of Walker Law in Bracknell, England, Delaney listed 78 legal actions he believed the 1,123 FAI emails the ODCE is seeking to access relate to.
Delaney said there were “ongoing disputes” between him and his former solicitors about who is the client in the cases and who is responsible for the fees.
Although he “does not know the precise point at which the litigation lies”, he believes each one of the cases is “extant”.
If that was the case, then litigation privilege would still apply to the emails.

A&L Goodbody cases

1. John Delaney v Goal.com, 2016/2017
  2. John Delaney v Journal.com, 2016/2017
  3. John Delaney and Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI) 2016 – Correspondence with Arthur Cox for OCI
  4. John Delaney and the OCI advices
  5. John Delaney & Moran Inquiry. Advices and representation.
  6. John Delaney and the ODCE. Advices and representation
  7. John Delaney v Examiner newspaper, 2016/2017
  8. John Delaney v Independent Newspapers, 2016/2017
  9. John Delaney v Daily Mail, 2016/2017
  10. John Delaney v Maximum Media t/a Sports Joe, 2016/17
  11. John Delaney/FAI and Limerick FC
  12. John Delaney and Limerick Post
  13. Redacted
  14. Redacted
  15. John Delaney and FAI in dispute with RTÉ and Prime Time , 2013
  16. Redacted
  17. Payment by A&L Goodbody, solicitors acting for John Delaney to Pillarview
  18. John Delaney/FAI and Independent Newspapers and Sunday Independent, 2013
  19. John Delaney/FAI in dispute with Daily Mail and Irish Times, 2014
  20. John Delaney and the Irish Times, 2011
  21. John Delaney and FAI in dispute with RTÉ and Morning Ireland
  22. John Delaney/FAI and Independent Newspapers and Sunday Independent, 2015
  23. John Delaney and La Nacion newspaper, Argentina/Brazil
  24. John Delaney and Facebook, 2015
  25. John Delaney and Journal.ie, 2016
  26. John Delaney and YBIG (You Boys In Green, a supporters’ club), 2014
  27. Redacted
  28. JMPG (sic) Partnership and JMPH. Advices
  29. John Delaney and Waterford Local Radio (WLR), 2016
  30. The Sun newspaper
  31. Balls.ie
  32. Polemma.com

Patrick Goodwin and Co cases

1. Redacted
  2. Emer Delaney v John Delaney. Family Law. The Circuit Court and the High Court, 2014
  3. Communications with and advices to John Delaney regarding fund
  4. Communications with and advices to John Delaney regarding accountant to Delaney
  5. Communications with and advices to John Delaney regarding JMPH
  6. Regarding Spinelcrest
  7. Regarding Ronstrap
  8. Regarding Pillarview
  9. Regarding Magelle
  10. Regarding Drogheda United FC
  11. Drafted various wills for John Delaney and estate management
  12. DPP v John Delaney
  13. Property transaction 2014. Pairc na Dun, Tralee
  14. Property transaction 2014. Mounthawk, Caherslee, Tralee
  15. Property transaction, Faugheen, Tipperary
  16. Property transaction, 2018/2019, Crafield, Aughrim, Co Wicklow
  17. Property transactions, Castle Heights, Clonmel, Co Tipperary
  18. Property transaction, Carrickbeg, Co Tipperary
  19. Advices in relation to Susan Keegan
  20. Communications with Emma English
  21. John Delaney v Sunday Independent and Independent Newspapers, 2012
  22. Redacted
  23. John Delaney and the Evening Herald, 2012
  24. John Delaney v The Sunday Times, 2013
  25. John Delaney v The Sunday Times, 2016
  26. John Delaney v Gerard Moran, Gerfurn
  27. Redacted
  28. John Delaney v Independent Newspapers, 2016
  29. John Delaney v Irish Daily Star, 2011
  30. John Delaney v Sports News Ireland, 2011
  31. Advices and communications to John Delaney regarding his public statements
  32. John Delaney v Irish Daily Star, 2014
  33. John Delaney v Irish Daily Mail, 2014
  34. FAI v Irish Daily Mail 2011 and insofar as it affected Delaney
  35. FAI v Irish Daily Mail 2012 and insofar as it affected Delaney
  36. John Delaney v Irish Daily Mail, 2012
  37. John Delaney v Irish Daily Mail, 2013
  38. John Delaney v Journal.ie, 2016
  39. John Delaney v Neil Harbison and Martin Keoghan, 2013
  40. FAI v Irish Sun 2016 and insofar as it affected Delaney
  41. John Delaney v Irish Times, 2014
  42. John Delaney v Irish Mirror, 2012
  43. John Delaney v Sunday Life, 2016
  44. John Delaney v Sunday Times, 2013
  45. John Delaney v McKenna 2013 and 2014
  46. Emer Delaney v John Delaney – Family law. Circuit and High Court, 2014

Sheridan Quinn Solicitors
Emer Delaney v John Delaney – Family Law. Circuit and High Court, 2014

Kieran T Flynn Solicitors
Property transactions in Tipperary

He must have pulled some shit in the divorce hearing.

Naturally