Wexford GAA 2008

Dan Gordon won his appeal and will play against the Yellabellies - bye bye Wexford…

Wexford start with the same team as last day

Gordon has his suspension lifted

Dan Gordon is now available for his side’s football qualifier with Wexford on Saturday.
Thursday, 31 July 2008 12:25
The Central Hearings Committee of the GAA has confirmed that, following a personal hearing and examination of video evidence, Dan Gordon of Down’s suspension has been lifted.

Gordon was sent off on a straight red card following an incident in the Football Qualifier game against Laois last Saturday.

The decision to send Gordon off was greeted with surprise as the tackle seemed very innocuous.

Gordon will now be available for his side’s football qualifier with Wexford on Saturday.

So who’s heading along tomorrow lads? I can see this being the game that has the worst Wexford attendance in Croker in years. No-one seems interested in going to it. Havent got my ticket yet but will stroll over tomorrow and get it. If its a good day I think I’ll plant myself on the hill to see us (hopefully) sending the Down men packing.

Team looks like its the same as the last day.

I’m going along but not one of the lads I hang around with is bothering to go. I might actually be going to the game on my own with a girl. Unbelievable.

Stevie G is sick.
Jugs has a family dinner in Wexford - how gay.
cesc4 is going to the Emirates Cup to watch Arsenal play.
superleeds is in London.

I posted that yesterday at 1.40.
You’re lucky the IOTM thread is closed or you’d be getting your first ever nomination.

[quote=“Pikeman”]I posted that yesterday at 1.40.
You’re lucky the IOTM thread is closed or you’d be getting your first ever nomination.[/quote]

But sure its August now - you couldnt nominate me for the July one. Maybe Pikeman becomes an early contender for the August award!

Eh yes I could. Nominations didn’t close until 12.00 today.

Idiot

I’ve no issue with Gordon getting his ban overturned either as he didn’t deserve to be banned to begin with. I reckon we’ll pump them by about 2-15 to 1-9 and get our All Ireland title ambitions firmly back on track.

Jaysus Bandage he threw 3 headbutts and an elbow, not to mention the original tackle on Munnelly.

Saying that, I dont really care about his suspension being lifted, but he did deserve to be sent off for what he done, irregardless of Clancy’s idiotic reaction.

Down to spank ye tomorrow by the way, but I would love to see ye win, Leinster needs some good news.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Eh yes I could. Nominations didn’t close until 12.00 today.

Idiot[/quote]

Yeah but the mistake I made was done in August, not in July. How can you nominate someone for being an idiot for the July award when the error they made was in August.

Idiot.

So you admit you made a mistake!!

Bigger idiot

[quote=“Pikeman”]So you admit you made a mistake!!

Bigger idiot[/quote]

Yes I do, well done on picking that one up.

Idiotic Cunt :rolleyes:

Think the team named is just for the papers and won’t be lining out as that. One player named is injured and won’t be starting.

I would like to see the team freshened up with David Walsh, Ciaran Deely and possibly Shane Roche brought in. I believe the team is more up for it than previous qualifiers but Down are starting to gain a bit of momentum and could just shade it. Having Dan Gordons suspension overturned will also have given them a boost.

However, there is money to be made on both teams scoring a goal at 5/6 or 3 goals or more at 5/4.

who’s injured monkey?

Team according to some lad on Hogan Stand is:

Masterson
Walsh
Wallace
Malone
Morris
Murphy
Morrisey
Bocky
Bradley
Flynn
Colfer
Forde
Banville
Lyng

And Red somewhere in the half forward line. Apparently Muttley is away on holidays??

Off to heal my Croke Park demons. Come on Wexford.

I heard the same team as last day was named but Tommy Howlin is injured and definitely won’t be starting.
I’d say Mac’s team is correct.

Fooking kicking this game away. Some shocking wides so far, Morris being the pick of them (25 yards out in front of the posts). Down are an awfully poor team but still well in the game due to Wexford’s profligacy.

Yet another TFK exclusive with Mac providing us with the team last night. Delighted with the win today and thrilled for the players after the stick they took in the Leinster Final aftermath. It was a poor quality game at times but the end result is all that matters and it allows us to move on from the Dublin debacle.

Jugs mentioned Colm Morris missing from in front of the posts and 'twas funny listening to South East Radio on the way down there and Liam Spratt was jeering him for the wide and Morris quipped, ‘In fairness, Lynger’s miss when he was clean through was way worse - I think he tripped over his ego.’

Boccy Doyle was a deserved man of the match in midfield and cleaned Dan Gordon out of it. I have incredible admiration for Red Barry, who’s an outstanding footballer and was exceptional today. Cracking workrate, distribution and always available to receive the ball. PJ Banville worked his balls off too and Matty, despite being visibly injured, stepped it up with 4 points on the trot after we had kicked several silly wides and Lyng was dangerous throughout.

I questioned Jason Ryan’s tactics after the Leinster Final but he deserves credit for getting it spot on today. I thought we might funnel an extra man back to protect our full back line as the game developed and was surprised to see us line up right at the start with 7 defenders. But Brian Malone patrolled the area in front of Benny Coulter excellently and Philip Wallace more than held his own when he was 1 vs 1 with him.

Down’s other players didn’t step up to the plate at all when Coulter was marginalised and what the fook is the story with their centre back coming forward to take all their frees? Taking his gloves off before starting his routine and stuff - clown. It says a lot about the rest of their attack I suppose. David Murphy said on the radio there that Jason Ryan announced the game plan to the players on Thursday night and had the charts and diagrams with him to show what way Down would play and how our 7 defenders would counteract that.

So, fair play to the players and management for responding the way they did. Today was about rebounding and restoring our pride and they’ve done that. Any kind of win was what we required and now we build on that and play more to our potential next weekend and shock some cunts.