Wexford GAA 2008

[quote=“Bandage”]I heard that Davy Fitzgerald had the Waterford substitutes lining the tunnel before the game yesterday and some of them were jabbing the Wexford players with their hurleys as they were running down the tunnel on the way to the pitch. As much as I’d like Waterford to win an All-Ireland for the game generally, that sort of shit and the thought of someone like Eoin Kelly with an All-Ireland medal kind of makes me feel sick.
[/quote]

Disapointed in you Bandage, not like you to be posting lies on the interweb.

Anyway, wex are not that bad and could have won yesterday, just need to emply a sports physcologist to rid ye of the mental block when the cats get a goal. If ye could hurl with the same intesity in every game as ye showed yesterday ye will be all ireland semi finalists at least in most years.

Aside, yere football leader played well on Friday night in our championship win over Tramore, hope ye bouce back and bate Down, jason, micko and all the wex players deserve this year not to be remembered for the Leinster final.

As told to me directly by a Wexford player who had the butt of a hurley jabbed into his balls by a Waterford substitute while coming down the tunnel.

If thats true thats dispicable behaviour. Did the player think it was a tactic by Davy Fitz or just a spur of the moment thing they did themselves(the subs).

well this anonymous interweb persona is telling you that the invident you refer to did not happen

I have witnessed this Wexford player try to tie a sleeveless jacket around his waist in DTwo on Harcourt Street before leaning over the railings in the smoking area and puking on the ground. Despite this, I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him.

Didnt Mullane bullock a Wexford player into a raining on Sunday as they ran out? Cant believe this happened agian in Thurles, what sorta fucking idiots are in charge down there…

Indeed he did to David Redmond. The albino wasn’t so hard when he got a belt of Seamus Prendergasts hurl to the side of his head in the warm up. Hit the ground like a sack of spuds.

Any Wexfordians have any opinions on the Wexford warm up if you saw it? It looked like something an U12 team would do where as Waterfords looked very professional.

CROKE Park will formally investigate how Waterford and Wexford’s senior hurlers were released into the Thurles tunnel at the exact same time last Sunday, after promises that such a dangerous practice would never again happen in the wake of last year’s ‘Semplegate’ controversy.

Waterford’s John Mullane was clearly seen shouldering Wexford’s David Redmond into the siding as the two teams simultaneously ran out of the tunnel before their All-Ireland SHC quarter-final.

That brief flurry of testosterone was all that occurred and a potential ‘Semplegate 2’ was avoided.

But serious questions will be asked as to how such a potential flashpoint was allowed to develop, especially after last year’s infamous pre-match clash that resulted in suspensions for seven players from Cork and Clare.

The Irish Independent understands that Waterford were due to come out first and that Wexford came out at the right time.

This indicates that the Decies’ entrance was delayed on the day and the GAA are keen to find out why this occurred.

Television pictures also showed that the iron gate at the end of the tunnel, which needs to be opened to allow players run onto the pitch unimpeded, was also still closed on one side.

That also contributed to forcing both teams into dangerously close pre-match proximity as they funnelled out one side of the tunnel at top speed.

Unlike last year’s incident, which was under the auspices of Munster Council, Central Council were in charge of running Sunday’s much-anticipated quarter-final encounter.

Croke Park said yesterday that the Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) is aware of what occurred, and are awaiting the match referee’s report before they begin their investigation into what went wrong.

The problem, paradoxically, did not occur when Cork and Clare – the two teams involved in ‘Semplegate’ last season – came out later for the second game in Sunday’s big double-header in Thurles.

Wexford Team For Saturday?

Harsh calls are required in team selection for Saturday. Allowances can’t be made for service, dedication, loyalty - if someone’s been struggling and has been taken advantage of then they need to be dropped.

I’d go for:

Masterson,
N Murphy, Malone, Walsh,
Morrissey, D Murphy, Morris,
Bradley, Howlin,
Roche, Barry, Deely,
Lyng, Banville, Forde.

I don’t actually know how fit Deely is though. Malone to take Coulter. They’re not a typically huge team so I think Shane Roche should come in and run at them. Wallace and Doyle to lose out.

Munster boggers

Like he took Brogan?

No.

At least he turned up. Where was Maxwell in your last few games?

I’m just happy that we’re from a county where we can still expect to see our senior hurlers and / or footballers still performing in top level competitions in August.

I suggested this team in post #826 on this topic and I’ll stick by it:

Masterson

Walsh, Wallace, Malone
Morrissey, Murphy, Morris

Howlin, Bradley

Deeley, Red, Roche
Lyng, Banville, Forde

Edit - Bandage, you’ve also left out Flynn.

Come on Padjo, we’re talking proper championship football in August here. Let’s not lower ourselves by talking about the minnows and the Mr Murphy Cup.

Meant to leave him out alright. Poor against Meath and Dublin, with only a half-decent game againt Laois thrown in. Had a very good league so his tail off in form is disappointing.

Now if ever there was a biting at an obvious attempt at a wind-up then that’s it there.

[quote=“Bandage”]
I’d go for:

Masterson,
N Murphy, Malone, Walsh,
Bradley, Howlin,
Roche, Barry, Deely,
Lyng, Banville, Forde.

I don’t actually know how fit Deely is though. Malone to take Coulter. They’re not a typically huge team so I think Shane Roche should come in and run at them. Wallace and Doyle to lose out.[/quote]

I’d go for something not too dissimilar

Masterson,
N Murphy, Walsh, Malone
Boccy, Howlin,
Roche, , Bradley, Barry
Lyng, Banville, Forde.

Red as a third midfielder, Banville going to the wing and a two man inside forward line.

Boccy is only there by the love of God. If Dan Gordon plays i’d put Eric out midfield and would play Colfer centre forward instead.

Shucks, you got me there Farmer

But I’m pissed and starting my holidays as of tomorrow! Yahoo!

[quote=“padjo”]Shucks, you got me there Farmer

But I’m pissed and starting my holidays as of tomorrow! Yahoo![/quote]

enjoy the holiday padjo, unlike the leitrim footballers who could’nt even win one in the murphy cup