Wexford GAA 2012

Gizzy coming back would be a boost. The more of our good players committing to the hurlers, the better (pretty obvious statement, that). Now we need to get Chin, Shore and McGovern lined up to be involved. Pity the old Chairman isnā€™t still around - he surely would have sanctioned a management and County Board fact finding trip to Canada to speak to McGovern and to assess whether he can play this season.

good to hear, if only he can stop fouling hes in for a great year, has the opportunity now with joey wadding still outā€¦

re chin, havent seen him play hurling yet ive heard ā€œarra hes not a great stick manā€, think he could do well wing back on the football, aindreas ā€œmedia magnateā€ doyle will be under sever pressure this year id imagineā€¦

Be hard to get McGovern involved without spending a fortune. U21 footballers flying him back as already reported but I donā€™t know if it would be worthwhile for the seniors given the amount of training heā€™d miss. Shore needs a massive attitude change before heā€™s going to be useful to either hurlers or footballers so I wouldnā€™t be getting too worried about him. Chin is a big loss alright. Hurlers could probably do with him more than the footballers but given the lad is still relatively young maybe he thinks that playing football this year may benefit him more in the long run.

Chin ā€œisnā€™t a great stick manā€. :o :o :o

Iā€™ve heard it all now. Ah lads, Iā€™ve heard it all now.

Bandage, remember that his source is probably Boccy Doyles Da or some half wit like that.

hey mac, go fook yourself.

my source was close to the panel and would be considered a hurling conoisseur (pronounced con-noss-er), hes obviously not from st. james.

I am only passing on what i heard and i wouldnt comment on a mans skill level baes on a performance in the quagmire that is january hurling.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 637501ā€]but given the lad is still relatively young maybe he thinks that playing football this year may benefit him more in the long run.
[/quote]
Explain.

You wonā€™t find it so funny what Boccy Doyleā€™s Da beats you in the 10km :popcorn:

Heā€™ll be playing for the 2 U21 teams, senior footballers and Oscar Traynor team in the next few months. Heā€™ll obviously find it easier to keep up with the senior footballers as once youā€™ve any bit of ability and can kick a ball in a straight line youā€™ve a good chance of making our football team whereas trying to stay on top of things for the senior hurlers may drain him more given that itā€™s a new regime and Dunne will no doubt be looking for 100% commitment from all involved. If he canā€™t give that commitment and wants to play all the others, maybe he doesnā€™t want to have that added pressure on himself and increase the chances of burning himself out early.

Probably some warped thinking Iā€™ll admit but none of us know only for Mr Chin himself.

Iā€™d be surprised if he didnā€™t to be honest. With the size of him heā€™d only have to take about half the number of steps as most other people. I can picture him chawing away while running as well :lol:

Johnny ainā€™t tall Mac.

Well he was taller than me the last time I saw him. Thought he was around 6ā€™3 or so.

Johnny doyle is no where near 6ā€™3 ā€¦ think you must of been seen things mac

[quote=ā€œcailinlochgarman, post: 637511ā€]

Johnny doyle is no where near 6ā€™3 ā€¦ think you must of been seen things mac[/quote]

How many members of the 1 family are gonna fuckin gang up on me here now? I know what I saw.

Early season I know but Wexford are frustrating the fuck out of me so far. Weā€™re 3-2 to 0-9 ahead at half time. Pretty complacent and careless use of the ball throughout.

Theyā€™re shit but have scored the last 5 points of the half. We opened them up at will when we played the right pass and chose the correct option. But too much sloppiness and poor decision making.

Goals by PJ Banville, Lyng (penalty) and not sure with the last one. Their very fat keeper dropped a high ball in the square & Paddy Byrne may have been the one to touch it in with his hand. Open to correction though.

Molloy capt bando?

Raging I couldnā€™t get to it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

[quote=ā€œcount of monte cristo, post: 637514ā€]Molloy capt bando?

Raging I couldnā€™t get to it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App[/quote]

Donā€™t know who was captain, count. Very entertaining second half. Looked to be cruising at 6 up before Waters gave away a penalty and got a second yellow in the process. Rats brilliantly tipped the penalty over the bar but they scored a goal soon after and got back to 1 at 3-6 to 1-11.

But credit to Wexford for stepping it up. Brosnan kicked a superb free from the touchline before Bradley scored an absolutely magnificent goal that shat all over Kevin Foleyā€™s famous one in 1991. It was Swansea Cityesque in its execution with Adrian Flynn being reminiscent of Leon Britton with multiple touches in the tremendous build up before Bradley slotted home. Brosnan then kicked a wonderful point on the run to wrap it up.

FULL TIME: Wexford 4-9 Cavan 1-13.

Good stuff a win is a win.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

Bandage, gaa site reports that Bradley got first goal, can you confirm or deny?

PJ Banville got the first goal, Mac.

Jason Ryan continued his longstanding anti-Sarsfields crusade by dropping Brendan Mulligan last night. :rolleyes: