Wexford GAA 2022

On a serious note, doing hurling football every other week wasn’t gonna work either.

1 Like

Leinster finals even. Even Castletown gave a good account of themselves in the senior. Speaking of the Leinster finals, Are they on in Navan or Wexford Park?

Was right the first time, finals!

I see no reasoning for having both in Wexford Park. John Kehoe seems to be pleased with the pitch at the moment.

1 Like

Don’t forget Cork. @Perez2017 is very concerned that the Wexford championship is finished in the middle of August.

1 Like

Wooly Parkinson will be devastated.

There’s gonna be promotion/relegation now in league with semi-finals and games that finish a draw in knockout part of championship go to a replay 3 days later.

Saying that, this all needs to be passed at the county convention next month first!

Wexford hurling going to suffer but I couldn’t care less.

Wooly very unhappy that Ferns had a 12 week gap from co final to being beaten in the first round to St Mullins

On the basis that wexford clubs will choose what works for Wexford clubs. Fuck what other counties think.

I reckon wooly couldn’t give two fucks about the Wexford championship, but he’s very good at hiding it

He got awfully worked up on it alright. Im not sure why it seems to upset so many outside of Wexford.

Its funny, he was saying how briliant it was that the Ferns team drank themselves stupid for weeks after they won, yet if they had a Leinster game the week after they wouldnt have had the same craic. The lads in Ferns will remember their first co title and celebrations long after they’ve forgotten about a leinster club loss to St Mullins.

:astonished::person_gesturing_ok::massage_man:

But the numbers.

What were the numbers?

All this consternation from those outside the Co.

Let them fuck off.

2 Likes

Thoughts on penalty’s being removed from the decider and mid week replays?

within 3 days of the fixture will be good craic…

Game Sunday… replay Wednesday, winner invariably will have another knock out that weekend, probably wont concern the harriers too much anyway

Penalty’s no less.

I think the first change is to make extra time 2 x 15 minutes per half.

Greater chance of a winner.

I’m ok with the replay.

Penalties are a farce. I’m a lifetime loser and losing on penalties in a game that matters was the worst of the lot.

There simply aren’t enough weekends to facilitate everything so I don’t think the structure is great to be honest.

Provincial club championship is what is fucking it up right now. If they can be pushed back a month it lessens the need for things to be week on week. Other solution is to abandon the county team. We are winning fuck all so may as well have a good club championship

4 Likes

Every county should have a choice of fielding an intercounty team in one code, and then their county champions in the other code can progress to provincial championships.

Just don’t want people bitching and moaning about it next year when there’s a good chance their club voted for it.

You know they will.

And anyone bitching about the set up now too. It was put to players in clubs, and clubs voted on it. It wont stop a few mouthy one code only players on twitter moaning, but see where they are next year for it.

1 Like