Wexford GAA 2022

Only starting to calm down a bit now. Fucking hell. It was some game. Very well played game of football and bias aside, i thought the quality was quite good too. We gave away 3 poor points in a row with bad kickouts and the second goal in particular was somewhat soft in our defending, but otherwise scores both ways were hard got. Morgan Ellis has a goal in each of our 4 Leinster knock out games now. Thats some going for a 17 year old. They were a big physical team, hit hard but fouled an awful lot too. It was an absolute stone wall penalty at the end too that wasnt given, so good to win in spite of it. The work rate was phenomenal. Tackling and fighting for the ball. Just never gave up. Brilliant. Leinster hurling and Leinster football titles now in the books. Some achievement for the second smallest parish in the county.

14 Likes

Well fucking done, some achievement. I may have had a nibble at ye at 5/1

1 Like

Congrats @Gman and @Scrunchie, fantastic win and some achievement to win a Leinster double.

Good for Wexford football too that the two best intermediate teams in Leinster are from the county…

1 Like

Yeah I think ye converted 10 frees out of 11? Dunshaughlin may get the stats man who was advertising here a few weeks ago to reduce their free count in the scoring zone.

Who are ye playing in the All-Ireland semi-final now? A brilliant merging of strong minor teams from 2010/11, 2014 and 2021.

Adamstown lose 0-12 to 0-6 against Meath opposition Castletown in the Junior final. Thought they’d get a little bit closer after Clonmore had gotten within a score of Castletown in the semi-final. Sounded like Adamstown were wasteful in front of goal.

Ah you love to see it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

We were amalgamated with Gusserane too in a premier minor final in 2016 where a few today played in that too

1 Like

Honestly hadnt a clue who or when we would be playing, didnt think we’d get this far, never mind win. We’re playing Munster winners, Rathmore of Kerry or Na Piarsaigh of Limerick on Jan 8/9th.

Na Piarsaigh? Are they a new club? Never heard of em

Havent a clue. They have a big coffee bean industry in their parish by all accounts.

1 Like

Ye will be playing and getting hammered by Rathmore.

2 Likes

Just goes to show you though. Now, I’m from a football only club like, and am happy enough with the way the season is, but would ya’s reckon our hurling clubs would go far in Leinster if hurling was played second? Or would it be no different? Are Horeswood in big bonus territory?

Yeah Kerry dominate junior and Intermediate with their club set up. But sure, give it a rattle anyway.

Ferns wouldn’t have I don’t think. Do you think they’d not gone celebrating after the county final if they were out the week after? And to be honest too, they got a nice run and made the most of their chance. Last year only for a terrible non call deep in injury time, theyd have been in relegation and not Fethard. Its not like they are an exceptional side who would expect to win Leinster. They and Oulart trained for Leinster through the football championship. Horeswood didnt. But yet Horeswood are in the final. The split season is a handy excuse but I’m not sure it really stacks up for non performance of hurling in Leinster. Its not like we were shooting the lights out in the couple of years prior to split season. A final point, I’d much rather suit club games for all clubs, not potential co champs.

1 Like

The football wing of the famous club in Limerick City, I’d be shocked if they beat Rathmore.

Was in the park and was the best football match I’d seen in the county all year,taught ref favoured ye in the 1st half but that flipped completely in the 2nd with the stonewall penalty not being given and Costello definitely over carried for their 1st goal, some achievement given the lads ye have away along with Bryan Power and Dylan Whelan out, add in I presume injuries are curtailing Kevin Rowe and Darren Foley is still young enough to be playing although i was told he had some illness issue.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking, not doing anything in Leinster club hurling either way.

1 Like

How’s the head @Gman? Ya’s missing Neville’s or what’s the craic?

Nevilles for eating, Molloys for drinking… no need for food last night!

All good, its a young mans game now.

1 Like

Good stuff. Good strong squad, tis a pity ya’s may well have to come up against Rathmore but take what ya get.