Wexford GAA 2022

To be honest, they all looked good, Laois were so poor. Paudi Hughes, Liam Coleman and Ben Brosnan probably the pick of them.

Good to see the GAA president Larry McCarthy in attendance

4 Likes

Kevin Oā€™Grady our best player I genuinely thought, heā€™d want to forget that miss in the second half mind.

First Iā€™ve heard of a wellbeing coach. All the better for it Iā€™m sure.

He wasnā€™t bad when he came on. Scoreline would have been much different if they started Gary Walsh as well.

What subs were used @Pirlo ?

Iā€™m being genuine here when I say everyone. I was right beside the Wx dugout and couldnā€™t even keep up with it. Looking at the team sheet here and it would appear all outfield players.

1 Like

Ah yeah, Kevin was very good, showed for everything, missed a handy point as well but scored a few too

1 Like

1 Like

Wexford win 1-27 to 1-16
Wexford GAA twiter fairly scant on detail

2 Likes

What a man

5 Likes

Kind of became obvious what was coming during the Shelā€™s vs Naas game to me, what a way to bow out if he retires from club as well. Big game player, leader of a man. 100% the most important Wexford footballer of the last decade.

3 Likes

Ah Iā€™d say he still has plenty left in him for club action. Colm Morris still playing senior at a high level and he must be 42 or more? A fantastic servant for Wexford.

2 Likes

Fair point. Heā€™s in a job that he can keep it up as well which helps. Iā€™ve no doubt heā€™ll be in as coach in the next year or two. Was he manager when Peters got to All Ireland final?

Iā€™d say he was involved in the coaching yeah. I think Shane Roche may have been the manager that time but not 100% sure. That was a fine Peterā€™s team but unfortunately Wexford football didnā€™t get a huge amount from it so far. More so hurlers who were also very good at football.

Iā€™d say heā€™s more.

Hurlers playing Tipp in a challenge game on Sunday at 1 in Carrick on suir, details on Carrick Swan GAA social media.

Footballers game v Meath is being streamed tomorrow evening on Beosport.

3 Likes

Footballers bet by 1:15-1:10. Defence didnā€™t have much answer for Cillian Oā€™Sullivan in the second half. We had a man sent off at the start of the second half as well.
Darragh Brooks playing up the field playing from the goal for a lot of the game, but looked comfortable whilst on the ball, is he an outfield player for Castletown? The older lads like KOā€™G and benji probably our better players along with Glen Malone, Dean Oā€™Toole looks like a great addition to the squad also.
Considering Meath are division 2 and weā€™re division 4 it was really competitive, would even go as far as say we will challenge Cavan and Tipperary for promotion to division 3.

2 Likes

Anyone at it?

I see Powderā€™s wife has passed away. Seems like a very sad case, after a short battle with illness and a young baby.

9 Likes

Awful stuff. She was no more than 40. Child less than 3 months old. Every husbandā€™s or fatherā€™s nightmare

4 Likes