Wexford GAA 2022

Child could only get to see her mother once a week for the last while, horrendously sad.

5 Likes

Powder?

Powpowfizz on inatagram

2 Likes

Brutal. Poor fucking man. Kid will never know her mam.

2 Likes

Horrendous news, condolences to all her family and friends.

Sad story, cant say i know the lad, I see they got married before she passed.

Cancer i presume? Fuck cancer.

Dont know the fella either. Know a close friend of his alright. Tough station. Similar case nearby here a few years back, girl I know was pregnant and the baby was born, they were married and the husband died all in the space of 2 days. Tragic stuff.

That’s very sad

She was a maths teacher in Wexford CBS. She taught my nephew last year before going on maternity leave, although I never linked her with Powder and his exploits with Paul Scott. Desperately sad news.

5 Likes

She’d show up in the odd video. There was a few where Scott was hiding behind a door and lept out to scare her. Pure innocent humour. I’m still not right after hearing it. Can’t imagine what it would be like for a new father to have to raise a newborn on his own. Awful stuff.

1 Like

Some crowds out in Bellefield, Wexford Park construction must have started around the time? A few of the Limerick posters surely at it.

1 Like

Think Wexford Park works started in 1997 alright. There was a big push to have it done for 1798 celebrations but it went on much longer and only reopened in 1999 with one of the first games being a wonderful Leinster SFC tie with Westmeath - think it was a draw.

2 Likes

That not 2001 with Leigh O’Brien’s late equaliser?

2 Likes

Sorry. You’re right. We lost to Dublin in Croke Park in 1999 if I recall correctly.

Wexford Park must have been closed for a few years then.

1 Like

A qualifier game too wasn’t it? I think it may have been Wexford’s first ever foray into the qualifiers actually.

The qualifier vs Westmeath was 1:18 all in 2001, day before we bet Laois in Leinster semi final after going 3 years of playing Offaly… that was the reopening alright. Long time, something to do with price it must have been?

That was in Dr Cullen Park. We hit the post with a last-minute shot on goal to win it.

No no, he’s right. Dublin in Dr. Cullen Park was the evening of the Cameroon vs Ireland match in WC 2002. The only thing he got wrong is it was in 2000. Paul Curran (Dublin) Goal v Wexford 2000 Leinster SFC - YouTube

1 Like

Possibly the drunkest crowd I ever saw at a match

De Dubs (who outnumber Wexford fans about 15-1) had a large number of fans who had been supping porters since the boys in green had kicked off that morning

Wexford could have nicked it

1 Like

Mad year that was, we had just got bet by Carlow in the league by 2 points as well, John Hegarty missed a penalty in the last second of the game to win it. 20 Dub streakers or that out of their minds in the game then against Dublin! Bet by Tyrone then by a point or two in the park in the qualifiers.

1 Like