Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

Poor aul Buff had to put the hood up to try hide himself and get back to his seat. Mobbed so he was

Are they green nets behind the goals? Bizarre colour

They are.

Nothing wrong with you eyesight.

Fuck the Walsh Cup. Should get Banville on.

I was more referring to how bad they look aesthetically

Laaaaawwwwlllllooooorrrrrrrr

3 Likes

We’ve done it

Better for ppl at the ground.

A savage night for the Faythe Harriers contingent on here. Conall Clancy with a telling contribution off the bench too. Richie Lawlor really opened up his legs and expressed himself in the second half. Was nearly too selfless laying off the other chance to Oisin Pepper.

How much did Wexford win by?

4 points. 1-25 to 2-18. A goal and an insurance point deep into stoppage time. Kilkenny will be happy enough given their absentees.

1 Like

The townies win it for us in the end💪

1 Like

My auld lad is 80 this year and hasn’t been going to games as much in the last few years. But he was well excited by the Qatari style lights being unveiled so he trotted over early to get a seat today. I don’t know if it was sitting in the cold for around 4 hours or what, but his hip seized up on the way home and he was basically bollixed and unable to keep walking. A couple of Kilkenny chaps came to his aid, linked him to their car and dropped him home to our front door. A mighty sound gesture by the men and he got to see the light show so all’s well that ends well.

26 Likes

What kind of an imbecile son lets his 80 year old father off to the match on his own. As decent as the Kilkenny boys were, that story says a lot more about you than them.

Don’t be such a prick mate

3 Likes

Reminds me of this lovely post by @Cheasty telling us of the unspoken respect between Wexford and Kilkenny.

1 Like

My goodness, that’s a vicious attack $$$. I’m in a different county, minding my own youngsters this weekend & I had no idea he was going to head over in time for gates opening! Explaining = Losing etc etc but I’m taken aback here.

6 Likes

@Bandage ’s oul lad was going to that match come hell or high water and no imbecilic son or complete arsehole on the INTERNET (like, you know, you) was going to stop him.

1 Like

Richie Lawlor was pretty good in the second half alright, wasn’t he? He’s excellent at winning ball in the air, even though he’s not particularly tall. His spring and timing is very good. Did well when he was moved into the full forward line. Clancy got a good point but he was blocked down twice & dispossessed another time. He’ll need to speed up his hurling but early days.

2 Likes