Wexford GAA 2023 šŸ

I thought Richie Lawlor was excellent. I think BDE needs to start him in all the league matches. The more minutes he gets the better.

1 Like

Damien Reck is developing into an absolutely outstanding player, aside from the calamity taught Ryan was actually very good, Dee and Richie did well at midfield and same when Richie moved into the forwards. Conor Mac, Mcguckin and Hearne best of the forwards although Hearne did tire. Conor Foley and Byrne Dunbar best of the subs for me. Great night all round, pity about the queues beforehand county board i think were surprised how early people arrived.

Whatā€™s the story with Chin lads? Is it the same injury he had last year? They would want to manage him, no need to be playing him in the league games if hes not 100% right.

Walsh cup, January, quarter of a kilkenny team out, but you cant beat those cunts enough times. It was a really great night in fairness. It could have been terribly cliched or cringy, but they did a great job. And it was nice to top the night off with a win, snatching it like that just makes it a nicer finish. The young lad was giving it load on the pitch after, plenty of lads who finished the game staying on signing autographs. Bumped into BDE by chance and he was in great form, very chatty and seemed to be more interested in if the young lad and the girls had a good night at the game. May watch the game back at some stage to get a better view on it. Thought Conor Hearne did well in spells and Lawlor too. Both pushing hard for starting spots. Ian Carthy too i thought had a solid game and the better ofnthe wing backs.

2 Likes

Where was dā€™brother?

Heā€™d have to hang around post game for a while for work bits.

1 Like

Think both Recks are really good. Very fast and eat up the ground. Think we could do with a forceful, dynamic, physically powerful type in the middle area to complement the lads we have. Donā€™t know if we have anyone to do a William Oā€™Donoghue type role though.

Lawlor is making a lovely little tradition of scoring pivotal goals against Kilkenny. Scored a match winning goal against them in the Leinster Minor Final of 2019 too. I thought Corey Byrne-Dunbar was industrious after coming on too. A great bit of stuff and so slight that he wins frees with consummate ease.

Thereā€™s an 80 year old farmer near me still calving cows, dosing, injecting, rounding them up for TB tests/the mart. You name it, heā€™s at it. Really he needs an eager nephew in the mould of @KinvarasPassion to step in the breach and allow for a seamless succession.

1 Like

A friendā€™s dad took a tumble on the way out and ended up in a and eā€¦

Canā€™t believe no mentioned Oisin Pepper.

He was good last night, 2 points in the first half and one from the sideline. Still under 20 i thinkā€¦ hopefully BDE leaves him with the 20s, last year was very unfair on Pepper to miss out with the u20s. Has that rule been changed?

I heard it is going to congress. Stupid rule

1 Like

Motm for me. Done some running into space and that. Got greater aspect of tactics on Clonard end.

D Oā€™Keefe is gone lads.

Jaysus he looked in fine health 2 weeks ago?

It appears we need Offaly to turn over Laois today if weā€™re to reach the Walsh Cup Final. BOX OFFICE.

If we make the WC final weā€™re playing Galway 2 weeks in a row as weā€™re playing them in round 1 of the league, i wonder would the 2 teams prefer the league game just to double up as the WC final, if we donā€™t make the final weā€™re playing Waterford next Friday evening in a challenge match anyway.

I probably say this every year but I just think heā€™s not physical enough for a modern midfielder.

Do ya know location of said possible challenge game?