Wexford GAA 2023 šŸ

Sorentoā€™s. The chips are top quality there to be fair.

Maybe it was the footballers, Kilmacud have a AI semi final in 10 days.

Youā€™re right. Mrs Mac gave me bad info

Only had chips from there this evening. They are good to be fair

We talking a certain Martins man?

Nope a Gorey man who made his breakthrough during the year.

Charlie Mc Iā€™m assuming

1 Like

Iā€™m expecting big things out of him and Lawlor the year coming.

2 Likes

Lawlor needs game time alright. Fanning made a few mistakes last year and needs a bit of competition.

Was thinking more in lines of Richie, but in terms of Fanning, if your intercounty starting goalie doesnā€™t even get an nomination for even the club team of the year, Iā€™d say his days are numbered, or should be numbered if they want to take themselves seriously.

Ah yes Richie Lawlor, hes very highly regarded. Id love to see him make the break through this year. Who else could come through? Could a Darragh Carley or Cian Byrne get game time. Im really looking forward to the Walsh cup, i want to see the younger guys getting game time.

Corey Dunbar from Ferns. He was unreal against Cork in the league. Ah thereā€™s a fair few to come through; Byrne, Carley, Scallan, Oā€™Hagan. I might well head to Mountrath to watch the first WC game.

2 Likes

Fanning did improve under Davy but had a poor championship last year, his confidence seem to hit the floor after being at fault for the 2 goals in the draw against Westmeath, Iā€™d give himself and Lawlor equal game time in WC and League and go with form then for championship.

Ian Carty and Kyle Firman another 2 lads into the panel sightly older than those mentioned, think Josh Shiel from the Harriers and Mike Kelly from Oilgate are in too, team should change a good bit over the next couple of years, not to many keep going past 31/32 at intercounty these days.

1 Like

Thought surely Ian Carty would go with footballers. Suppose if given the chance for bigger thingsā€¦

Think heā€™s a better hurler myself, surprised its took this long for him to get a chance.

Ah Iā€™m saying that now and I havenā€™t seen him play, if heā€™s good, heā€™s good.

Was it because Davy didnt fancy him? Ive heard hes a very good hurler but only watched him play underage for the county and havent seen him since.

Might have been the case, Davy seemed to have his tried and trusted and that was it, yeah he was very good on the u21s in 2018 with 2 Recks, Rory & Joe Oā€™Connor etc. I know its a lower level but seen him hurl 3 or 4 times the last few years with Taghmon most recently in the Intermediate semi final and final this year and he was very good on each occasion.

1 Like

Iā€™d be amazed if Carthy wasnā€™t asked in previously by the footballers or hurlers. Iā€™d say he just wasnā€™t interested (until now)

The Ed Sheeran story worked a charm.