Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

I read a few comments after the Cork match and had to switch off my phone. Some people just dont get it… we will judge this team and BDE after championship.

Same names coming up on it as well.

BDE in the local press today saying Liam Ryan & Matt O’Hanlon are the two most serious injuries & we’re unlikely to have either for the championship opener in Galway.

He also said that they played ROC sweeper on Sunday as it was his first start in 10 months & they wanted to give him a free role & let him feel his way into the game.

I’ve thought about this now & I’ve concluded that we should play him as a box-to-box midfielder this year. Remember his championship debut in midfield against Waterford in Cork in the 2017 quarter final? That point he scored in the second half when he knifed through a few tackles under the stand, cut in & rifled it over the bar. World class. I think we need that drive, incision & scoring threat from midfield with time catching up on some of our usual options in that area.

ROC is one of the few Wexford players able to shoot. If he is to be playing midfield then he needs a defensive workhorse beside him and then he can shoot on sight.

A defence with LR and MOH lacks size. O Hanlon was having a stormer v cork recently

1 Like

Surely the following week when Egan and a number of the panel members are on Easter holidays from school.

Like Centerparcs, it’s probably more expensive to go during the school holidays.

1 Like

A lovely, refreshing 3 week Easter Break for some. They’ll be primed for a tilt at Galway in the first round of the championship.

How close is the under 20 championship to the Galway game lads? Conor Foley surely stick with 20’s.

20s bet Waterford by 14 points recently. Waterford never good at underage though.

2 Likes

Under 20s playing Galway the day before Seniors playing Galway. Also playing Kilkenny Easter weekend and Dublin in between, will be in a qf or sf then then depending on results.

Minor team named. Good to see the mentors not wasting any players time too, just the 19 on the extended panel on top of the match day 24.

2 Likes

What are the minors like does anyone know?

Plentiful

I heard they were weak enough this year

1 Like

Who’s managing?

Think Mick Jacob is there again

Thats a pity. Underage hurling has fallen off the last few years. I know a lot of work has gone in but it needs to be reviewed and perhaps a change in approach. Am i being too negative here?

Minor hurlers leading Kerry 2-9 0-5 at HT.

Yes.

Big win. Lets hope they can keep it going