Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

Footballers win 1-16 to 0-13

Pity about the 2 draws, but seemed a step below Sligo and Laois

Laois aren’t good at all. Poorly managed by Billy Sheehan. I’d say Wexford could turn them over in championship in 2 weeks time.

Relying on wins for Waterford, London and Sligo v Leitrim. Highly unlikely sequence of events. I’d say it will be Sligo and Wicklow going up tomorrow. Although a Leitrim win would drag Laois up with them.

Seem to have improved from last year, performance wise London and Sligo seem like the only 2 letdowns, we were competitive enough in Portlaoise by all accounts.

1 Like

John Hegarty will get that right.

Conor Mac is gonna have a busy weekend on the weekend we play Dublin

https://www.wellfest.ie/conor-mcdonald

This anti Conor Mac agenda is sickening…

The man is only trying to make a few quid for his young family

Would most intercounty players do a days work on the day of a championship game? :man_shrugging:

Define days work.

DJ Carey days work, or John Power days work?

Is he still working for Brian Walsh?

Was at the u-20s last night. Not a great result, but our tactics didn’t help. 6 points down and 10 minutes to go and this how many forwards we had upfront. We were playing with a gale too. Frustrating stuff. Kildare are no great shakes either.

3 Likes

I thought the manager would have more nous than that.

Anyone play well @padjo, I was meant to tip in.

+1. Apparently they have 7 of their team from last years All-Ireland final but Westmeath beat them by 5 last week.

A bit of an improvement on the Andrew Corden cup performance against Wicklow nonetheless.

Higgins from Castletown was very good in the first half, but got injured then and went out of it. The rest were pretty meh. A lot of individual mistakes, misplaced handpasses, touching on the ground, dropped balls, etc. Didn’t do themselves any favours.

1 Like

Typical Kildare team, loads of big, tall lads, but just lacking something. I’d be suprised if they win Leinster again.

They were better than that Wicklow game, but that wouldn’t be hard. There was a similar lack of shape to the forward line though. You have to try and win a game too.

1 Like

Good win for the minor hurlers against Dublin today. Although it’s only in the group stage yet I assume.

The format looks very complicated
One more group game I think

1 Like

I presume the defeat to Laois last year probably added an extra game as well because Wexford weren’t Leinster semi-finalists.

1 Like

I guess after todays win and last week big win v Kerry we are already qualified? Is it, of we top the group we qualify directly to a semi final and avoid a quarter final?

Think its group winner into SF, 2nd place QF and 3rd preliminary QF and 4th their year is over.