Wexford GAA 2023 🐐

That didn’t happen.

While Geraldine O Hanrahans underage set up remains a disaster their very near neighbours Rathgarogue Cushinstown are absolutely flying from under 10 to around 16 and are hoovering up young players from New Ross to hurl out there… these lads are coming like a train…the next Oulart The Ballagh.

1 Like

im not one for hyperbole, but Good Counsel Must be one fo the best sporting schools in the country

1 Like

I’d agree

Get the fuck out of here with your horse racing bullshit.

There’s enough other threads for that bollocksology.

3 Likes

They have a great set up in fairness; we’ve played them a few times under 7/8/9 in the last year or 2 and they have some really tidy hurlers even down at that age.

I love the club names in Wexford. Very unique

1 Like

You could not have summed him up any better.

The Wexford lads abbreviate nearly all the clubs with “the”

The Raps, The Anne’s, The Martins, The Shells, The Alley and on and on

1 Like

Been discussed on here a bit before alright

The Harriers, the sars, the jimmies, the mogues, the hogs, the geeners, the vols and on and on. Main ones are all the Saint named teams have the “St” removed for “the”

The yellobellies with Davy are like the cark lads with a cark lad. Double down and circle the pajeros.

Not really bud. People who havent a clue just say that Davy took a load of money and Wexford are broke, when neither statement is anywhere close to being true. Davy stayed 2 years too long and didnt integrate or change up the panel enough, he had his panel from day 1 and that was it for far too long. It created a stale team and fucked us up long term. BDE rotated a huge amount if players thru the league and is now being called out for that, but I’d much rather that, albeit I’d still rather we hammered Westmeath too instead of losing

1 Like

Observation is neither were the right people. I don’t even think Davy was right for Clare tbh, and they won an aif.

No Tom Dempsey column. :anguished:

Keith Rossiter & Ed Rowesome on The Wexford Hurling podcast.

1 Like

A very soft all other all Ireland

Beat Waterford, Galway, Limerick and Cork. All in all a decent enough run to an All Ireland. Kilkenny knocked Tipp and Cork knocked Kilkenny. Two of the more exciting All Ireland Finals in recent memory too. Job was oxo chief.

The very same could be said of Daly when managing Dublin.

Sounds like the podcast was recorded Sunday evening, I’d say the initial plan was to dedicate half the show to the u20 leinster final and half to a comfortable win over Westmeath then that shitshow of a 2nd half changed everything.

Noticeable the county board routine of putting photos on social media of every senior and underage game in both codes was skipped for the Westmeath game.

1 Like

Team named. Kevin Foley & Dee O’Keeffe back in.

Cian Byrne, Darragh Carley and Conor Foley all on the bench. Good to see them being brought up but a pity it’s such shite circumstances