Wexford v Galway July 2nd

Yes. I misread the post a nearly tripped us up. Which they nearly did in 04

Say it ant true @Bandage

Someone bump the 'who riled @Bandage enough to get bannedā€™thread.

I do. I was talking about the 1980ā€™s.

I was responding to foley

The adrenaline rush in Hampden Park two weeks ago when Tom Rogic scored the injury time winner for Irelandā€™s XI was far greater than that experienced during the closing stages in Wexford Park last Saturday. As an aside, a world renowned football administrator did me a favour recently and didnā€™t say anything about it. In all seriousness, I was delighted for the students, teachers and student teachers getting their just rewards at the weekend for mastering their hobby since last winter.

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to blame a move to Dublin. Lots of people do it and still remain authentic to their roots.

When a lad is simply regurgitating whatever terminology ā€œthe ladsā€ are bandying about, thatā€™s a fairly good indicator as to what his character is like. Example: ā€œlife partnerā€, ā€œstick hurlingā€, etc. Youā€™d suspect that if the lads did an about face and started following rugby, heā€™d be all over that too.

Nicely called out on it too by @maroonandwhite.

5 Likes

:rollseyes:

3 Likes

Which one of them should I make an example of?

Some no mark Australian who most Aussies wouldnā€™t recognise is enough to set your pulse racing. Is it because he has a nice smile?

No, mate. Itā€™s because he sealed the unbeaten treble and confirmed Celtic 2016/17 as inVIncible.

:brendan:

A Scottish PLC over a game that his people have played for over 2000 yearsā€¦ The Irish were enjoying hurling before the fictional story of Jesus was even pennedā€¦ But your man would turn his back on his whole identity for a corporate whoreā€¦ A telling indication of his character.

Steady on, pal. Iā€™m not turning my back on my Wexford comrades - sure I follow them home and away in both codes in league and championship.

Who was talking about you ?

You, @johnnysachs, @ironmoth and @maroonandwhite were the chief bullies.

The whole lot of them @Bandage,nip it in the bud now, their pack mentality is gathering momentum and god knows what theyā€™ll do if left unchecked.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what makes it more unforgiveable. You could understand why a self loathing wanabee tan would prefer an association football team to win but ure a big hurling fan. Maybe if u were from Kilkenny and bored of winning. There arenā€™t many things better in life than seeing your club win a county final or your county win all ireland. Iā€™ve been lucky enough to see my county win in both codes (small ball trumps the fuck out of football).

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen Faythe Harriers win the 2001 Wexford senior final and Iā€™ve seen Wexford win the 1996 All Ireland senior final. But Iā€™ve never seen Celtic win the European Cup. Iā€™d also place my desire to see Ireland winning the Euros above the hurling.

1 Like

If Celtic do win it you will not be as happy as u were in 96 or when u won the county title.

How dare you. Tommy Rogic is a national treasure and one of the most popular people in Australia.

But I take your point about @Bandage

1 Like