Wexford V Kilkenny Leinster S.H.C Semi Final, 7pm Saturday 10th June, Innovate Wexford Park

Nobody should fear Kilkenny now Joe.

1 Like

Taking off Aylward was a mistake in hindsight. He was hitting bad wides but was winning ball well

1 Like

He showed something today which oozed desperation. Taking off Walsh was okay I thought but hooking Alyward after hitting a few wides was bizarre considering he was winning good possession.

Having to look then at Richie Hogan for so long while he was totally ineffective is not a good sign IMO. It sends out a message that some players are above being subbed. Plus, bringing on Richie Reid then makes it all the more bizarre.

It will kill Cody being outsmarted by Davy above in the stand while PJ Ryan roamed the sideline. The same PJ who couldnā€™t train Lassie to bark. :smile:

5 Likes

Looks like Davy has found a group finally willing to put in the hard yards instead of pissing and moaning about it. Fair play to Wexford.:ronnyroar:

12 Likes

Limerick should do everything in their power to convince Davy to take them over

2 Likes

Not the story of the night but they were a sorry looking bunch. If Dublin hurled like that theyā€™d be absolutely slated by all and sundry.

Knowledgeable hurling observers predicted that Davy Fitzgeraldā€™s appointment as Wexford manager would prove to be a roaring success.

Theyā€™ve already been proven right.

It always felt like a good fit. There was a Kevin Keegan to Newcastle feel about it. I would love it if Wexford won the All-Ireland, love it.

6 Likes

The man can work miracles but even he had limits and Limerick are beyond his powers

Fair play to Fergal Horgan too lads. He refereed that match pretty well I thought, not overly fussy and let the game flow as best he could.

cc @Fran

2 Likes

All we need now is Offaly to upset Galway and weā€™re back to the revolution years

3 Likes

:smile:

Post warm down meal

6 Likes

As long as itā€™s not a repeat of the 04 fimal

1-4 from play for KK. Nothing from Hogan or Reid from play.

Enjoy the few hints, mate.

Why?

Iā€™d love to see what Davy Fitz could do with Tipp or Limerick

1 Like

Result was fine but the biffos gave us a scare IIRC

Congrats to the Wexford folk. Serious performance. Answered every question. Chin is immense.

2 Likes

Terrific showing from Wexford but awfully worrying form our point of view.
No imagination, beaten in the physical exchanges, lads all over the place positionally.

I never thought Iā€™d say it but, weā€™re fucked.

1 Like