What age are you?

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1077786, member: 246”]My 1st. Croke Park visit was the AIFC finals of 1956 - Leitrim lost the minor final. It was memorable I suppose for the scoring feats of Galway’s Frank Stockwell (2-05) off play.
My abiding memory however rermains on the display of 2 Galway players - Mattie MacDonagh and Sean Purcell. Boxty Mór had alerted me to Purcell in advance and indeed I’d seem him the year before. His ability to leap from a quasi-standing position and come away, pirouetting of the standing foot was only replicated in my time by the kegendary Packy McGarty. On a sad note, as I eulogise Sean Purcell, he was, on that day in '56, once out-fielded by a Cork defender. I might ask @caoimhaoin but before I’m contradicted, the fielder was Denis Bernard from Dunmanway. Paddy Harrington (father of Pawdrig) found The Master an handfull.

I’ve seen Purcell have lesser days, notably in '59, when without any formidable help, Kevin Coffey curtailed his influence, but by then Galway had waned. To this day, however, Sean Purcell remains the greatest all-round footballer I’ve seen.[/QUOTE]

just to clarify, you mean bogballer rather than footballer

Real age over 40. Posting age about ten and a half

:eek: