What’s Tesco Mobile like?

A friend is considering moving to them. iPhone 15 for €35 a month offer. I think they work off Three network.

Anyone have experience of them on here, what they’re like to deal with and how is coverage?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

If they have the coverage they are good. Was with them a while, no issues really. Coverage around here is atrocious regardless of what network I’m on

2 Likes

I am Tesco. It’s grand. Coverage is only alright. It works off threes network alright but I’d say it’s throttled because it never seems very fast. It’s perfect in the city.

I am on the 15 pay as you go. I buy my phones outright as that’s a bit of a scam I reckon.

You are tied to a two year contract if you buy the phone so basically you pay an extra €20 a month for two years. Then you forget to cancel it at the end and pay an extra €20 a month until you do. Plus most of them have an upfront payment of a €100 or whatever for the phone.

It’s grand for me. I’m home most of the day and we shop a bit in Tesco and €5 club card vouchers can be exchanged for €15 of Tesco money. So my phone bill is basically a €5 a month. For that it’s great value.

Its a little sneaky in that a month is 28 days. So over the course of a year it’s actually 13 payments rather than 12. Not sure if that applies to the bill as well.

2 Likes

What reason would someone have for going Teaxco mobile vs. GoMo

2 Likes

My mother had issues with GoMo. The main one being they wouldn’t let her keep her number, which they claim you can.

Fair enough…never heard of anyone not being able to keep their number

Was with them, customer care fantastic
Coverage not great tbh

But the phone outright,
Go Sim free

Go SIM Free with them for a couple of months and if you are happy with the coverage then think about your options.

Buy a phone on Gomibo and get the Tesco Sim card.

that current Tesco deal on the iphone 15 works out nearly as cheap as buying the phone outright. (assuming coverage is good)

1 Like

I’m with GoMo and I kept my number

Wouldn’t you get a daycent Android for half the price and twice as good

I would sure but when you’ve a daughter with an iphone ita easier to get one from a “regulation” perspective

Incidentally that Xiaomi Redmi that i currently have (and was cheap in fairness) is a pretty poor. Any sort of multitasking at all and it struggles.

Tesco worked off the 02 network, same as An Post mobile. That was about 9yrs ago, and doubt they’ve changed. It’d be too much hassle. The mobile networks make no money off selling apple phones, but do off selling androids as they’re much cheaper to buy. Refurb is where I buy my phones, and use prepay. Billpay will eventually land you with a €1000+ bill, even on sim only, when our lack of understanding of the new tech in our handset, or contents of our plan, fucks us. This is what the networks bank on, and happens to enough customers every year, that it’s a good business model for them.
I used to work for one of the networks, so not really speculating on this one.

1 Like

Which one do you have, I’m pretty happy with my one.

I got one on Black Friday last year never had a problem, was using it in Portugal this year so was grand roaming. My is 30 euro a month but due a upgrade soon

Redmi Note 11

Look it… between Herdwatch, Calving Monitor Apps and trying to direct affairs in North Bangalore its not easy.

1 Like

I’m surprised you haven’t one of the lads in Bangalore monitoring the calving for you remotely

1 Like

Do you have issues with your banking app? The chinese software isn’t up to the latest EU safety reg and banking apps can be a problem