What will you be having for Christmas Dinner?

Still waiting hereā€¦20 of us, and of course the Tipp lot held everyone up ā€¦

1 Like

Put a fork in me, Iā€™m done.

11 Likes

Chilean BBQ on the go here. Smashing

4 Likes

What happened the thief that stole the advent calendar? He got 25 days.

3 Likes

What do you call a girl between two posts?
Annette

3 Likes

The planned 4 o clock dinner finally makes it to the table for 8.30. You simply canā€™t overstate the extent that Irish people delude themselves on matters regarding time. Well worth it though, the stuffing and ham were the highlights.

5 Likes

Round two on the turkey

Doing dinner for inlaws tomorrow. Iā€™ve a fresh turkey here (from a neighbour)ā€¦ is there any benefit to soaking the bird in salt water over night? I have read varying views on this approach (brining).

Nigella is a fan of this.

1 Like

Huge benefit. Makes turkey edible for me at least. Both are a pain in the ass but brining and deep frying are the best ways to tame a turkey imo.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind soaking nigella ,

3 Likes

I weighed it up on Friday. Sheā€™s a bit chunky but yes, yes I would.

Here ye go

2 Likes

Was there not an absolute fucking riot?

Snap

No the mad cunts took it in their stride. Too many chefs and no one in charge basically. A complete clusterfuck, courses reversed (soup followed by appetizer), side dishes forgotten, turkey dry and cold. Way too many courses, but no talking to them, tradition rules.

The hubby is from norhern LA. Been eating gumbo for many years now. We have a boiled ham Dec 24th.

The pot is simmering away now, all left to do in an hour is add crabmeat and shrimp.

They do great crabmeat in Wales cc@flattythehurdler

[quote=ā€œmaroonandpink, post:37, topic:21623, full:trueā€]The hubby is from norhern LA.
[/quote]

And you were calling posters on here rednecks.

Same sex couples are never rednecks, surely?

2 Likes