Who did yer ould fella think was the greatest anything of all time

You’re not my brother by any chance?

Hurling - Eamonn Cregan, but veering more towards Cian Lynch these days.
Football - Matt Connor
Soccer - Diego Maradona
Rugby - Zero interest
Riding - See previous answer
Cunt- Chris DeBurgh

Not sure about this to be honest. Obviously too young to have seen him at the time, but there are videos of games against Kerry where he was a standout for that Offaly team. Scored 2-7 or 8 in a semi final loss where he got some fantastic scores. He was very different to most footballers of his time, similar to Maurice fitz with the languid relaxed composure on the ball, not the usual kick and hoof type play.

He had a serious record with his club too. I think they won something like 5 or 6 club titles in a row up to his accident and never won one since. His county scoring record was phenomenal too for a player who finished when he was only 25.

3 Likes

Eamon Cregan

Hurling : Ring
Football : Mick O’Connell
Rugby : Mike Gibson
Riding : Meryl Streep
Soccer: Didn’t give a fuck.
Cunt: Thought Pee Flynn was the greatest cunt that ever entered politics

1 Like

I highly doubt it

1 Like

scored 38 goals and 383 points for offaly…

2 Likes

Who wants to know who lads dads who didn’t even have a TV growing up thought was the best. Fellas trying to justify their deprived childhood memories talking about all different sports to their couch potato dads.
Actually it might explain the want in alot of ppl here

2 Likes

Which daddy is this now?
Daddy A or Daddy B?

1 Like

Hurling- Ring-. Football - M o Connell- Soccer- Best/ Netzer-,hero Collins ( not mine)cunt no one- complete opposite to me,didn’t see harm in anyone

Anyone who ever had a serious conversation with their father would want to take a good look at themselves.

2 Likes

I dont think I ever did tbh.

Papa absolutely despised Jack Lynch.

2 Likes

Hurling–Cregan
Football - jacko
Soccor-best
Rugby-cambell

Even when I visit now I would come in and mention a few results, read the paper in the same room as him and not really converse much. Has always been that way. Closest we ever got to a serious conversation was when one of his brothers died last year and his sone gave a great eulogy and the aul lad said “you’ll have to top that for me”.

3 Likes

Wonder how many of these are made up?
Couldn’t tell you a thing the aul fella likes tbh. Must give him a ring.

1 Like

Understandably so

1 Like

Ah soda farls ( miss them)

There’s a gap in the market down there

1 Like

Butter n jam on a farl ,mug of Tae​:+1:and the Derry baps/ turnovers/ gravy rings​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Mines the truth,oul fella dead since 84 so wouldn’t tell porkies where he’s concerned

1 Like