Who the fuck do you think you are going around shutting down threads

I won’t shed a tear for not having most backward, country music loving, hicks on island getting on team rugby until last. Though that said much like Rory McIlroy it’s great to see broadminded parents like those of Craig Gilroy and Niall O’Connor throwing off the shackles of conservative Ireland in the form of the GAA and opening their arms to rugby football. ANd whilst it saddens me that my home team couldn’t get the result on Saturday it does give me an element of happiness that the bigots from up North who turned their back on their countries and associations who brought them through, will get to see Northern Ireland in France in 2016.

Time to accept the inevitable and get on board now pal, this is rugby country

It is in it’s fuck.

The grass roots of rugby is non-existent up here. It’s a proddy private school game.

The last 20 odd posts are too long for my short attention span. Could you summarise them for me please?

Pulling and bending his rod? No surprise really, the rugger crowd are deviants

@Tim_Riggins said : Time to accept the inevitable and get on board now pal, this is rugby country

I’m disappointed in you. pal.

Says fucking you…

Sad to see the Aviva tenants fighting like this.

Who is watching rugby on TV3 when you can watch it in HD on ITV?

who signs up to be a TAM viewer.

Numbers seem a little high to me

1 Like

Left wing blogger Slugger is on it;

In 2012, the Belfast Royal Academy had 25% from Roman Catholic backgrounds (56% Protestant)
Methody College (one of Ireland’s foremost rugby football schools) had 21% from Roman Catholic backgrounds (47% Protestant)

Some of the fastest integration of the people of Northern Ireland and both with rugby football as their flagship sport. Catholic schools on the other hand? With most people cottoning on to the fairytale that is religion they are simply putting another barrier to their cross community friends and putting the Irish language up as a necessity. GAA strongholds unsurprisingly.

It’s the inclusive feel of rugby that is attracting people. It must really excite the IRFU that now not only are they dominating the ABC1 market but they are taking over the mass market. Irish Rugby’s unique place in the Irish sporting landscape is really starting to bear fruit. Meanwhile the GAA continues to have clubs named after Hunger Strikers.

Great to see.

TV3 is HD and ITV is a pain to get to on Sky digital

Only a Castle Catholic would send their son to a Proddy school.

Not HD on standard Sky pack I think

TAM is based off 1050 households. Demographically spread no doubt but anybody who signs up to it is a certain “type” who is expected to key their viewing preference

Rose of Tralee peaks at 1.7m with average of 800k which is very close to suggested rugby numbers and an indication of who might be tuning in

The late late toy show is only other show that goes to 1.7m

A worry for TSG would be recent camogie attracted 250k which was quite a bit ahead of LOI

Did this conversation really take place? Or is it a bit like last week when my young fella had a fever and woke up at 2am shouting about me promising him a doughnut? Never happened.

2 Likes

Kev called it hours ago pal!

No did a course with him (as in he was one of the tutors) at a rugby club in Oz. He worked with a pro team in Oz, i had work experience at another club. Just got to know him and stayed in contact.
Thats how that business works. I have fairly regular contact with a few similarly placed coaches, its not that hard or unusual.

Its just an irish thing not to make contact with such people. I got lucky getting a job in Oz, ridiculously lucky,and it got me some in 3 different Pro set ups just from the people within that club. And all i had to do was ask.

Aussies are like that and their clubs are very open to helping out if they can. They like someone with the balls to give it a go. We consider someone like that cocky and arrogant. The only place i got knocked back was run by an Irishman!!!

And you wouldn’t have a prayer of getting some time in Munster or somewhere. We are mental like that. I’m close enough to getting into a EPL club for a couple of weeks just thru a conversation over a pint with someone recently. Could have gone and spent time with the argies if i had the time.

But if you don’t ask the answer is always no.

3 Likes

That is very true. Unless you’re a car thief. They neve ask and the answer is always yes. Cunts.

2 Likes

Young kid I know got experience with Munster academy no problem, they sent him off on a few courses and got him work with a school or two with senior rugby teams…

Thats an internship.

@messiloney will get you some time with Celtic if you ask him.

1 Like

Not as such… he was getting very good money with these schools within a short time frame…there’s big money to be made in some of these fee paying schools and if Munster recommend you they will lap it up.

1 Like